PROLOGUE

An announcement came from the intercom: "I have now placed Prisoner 360041 in the designated area. Be sure to secure him under lock and key. He's certainly dangerous... Over."

 He surveyed his commanders and fellow colleagues, who were sat around the oak-furnished table. An expectant silence rose into the atmosphere, so the man decided to take action. 

"Well, ladies and gentlemen, it looks like we have finally  succeeded... Don't you agree, Miss Carzona?"

 "Yes...but there's a long way to go, Doctor," she replied with a quavering voice. 

He gave her a thin smile, but his eyes burned with such loathing and vengeance. That boy is still a threat, Doctor Kline thought, but we can deal with such matters...  The occasion was top secret, and only a few members of the authorities knew about it.  Their sole purpose was to keep all the Deafs hostage in solitary confinement, and keep watch on them if they ever tried to escape the Labyrinth. 

The large group sat in tall, sleek leather chairs. They had smug expressions engraved on their faces, and some of them seemed to enjoy themselves, sipping glasses of expensive wine. Doctor Kline loved  that. It was a celebratory event; they had captured their first two victims of the Deaf species. 

Oh, what a time to be alive, Kline rejoiced, We'd achieved a milestone!  

The thirty-six year old Doctor stood up, and raised his glass. "I would like to propose a toast," he called out. Everyone stopped their conversations to look up at the lead scientist in a flattering suit, who had silver eyes that sparkled with glee. 

"We have come a long way in this truly fascinating process! I wouldn't be standing here if it wasn't for you: doctors, scientists, researchers, analysts, military officers, soldiers, and many more! We have achieved things greater I could possibly imagine... And with the scientific knowledge and technology we have now... who knows? We could be the biggest institution to exterminate the whole Deaf population!" He grinned for a moment, drowning in his own fantasy. "So, thank you to everyone who was involved and will be involved in shaping our  future!"

 A gigantic burst of applause spread all across the spacious room, and was followed by a series of "cheers" and "well saids," The doctor was showered with compliments and handshakes as the other guests chatted along with him. He found himself smiling and laughing as the party rolled by...

It was now five minutes to midnight,  and the huge, silver moon was a crystal orb set against a indigo curtain. Doctor Kline left the hall where he hosted his extravangant event and made his way up six flights of stairs, before reaching to his luxurious apartment on the top floor, which overlooked the whole city. 

Sleep was attacking him like a forceful beast, however, Kline managed to resist it. He wasn't going to give up that easily, so he made his way up to a large screen. Its blue tint softly illuminated the things all around him, creating dark shadows that moved stealthily upon the pale wallpaper. 

The determined Doctor muttered to himself as he opened a CCTV Surveillance program. "Hmmm, let's see what we have here..." 

He pressed a few keys, clicked a couple of buttons, and there it was: the criminal himself, Dante Brooks. The young man was laying against a concrete wall, and was curled up with his eyes closed. Sometimes, his mouth or eyelids would twitch, or his limbs would move slightly. 

These are all signs of fear, Kline observed. A slow smirk creeped up his mouth; and his eyes had that glint again. The Doctor had a plan formed in his head. The boy wouldn't know what was coming...