Chapter 2

POV: Sprig

I watched and waited as Anne fiddled with the buttons of the traditional clothes. I look like a clown..why do I have to do this?
"Alright, she's here! Go do this, boy!" Hop Pop said excitedly.
I sigh and crookedly walk over to Ivy. I could barely breath in this thing, let alone move.

Once I get up to Ivy, we talk for a moment, and begin to dance when the person up front tells us to.
"I never thought you felt that way about me..."ivy chuckled awkwardly.
"Y-Yeah..me too.." I sigh. Anne was gone, probably with Hop Pop and Polly. Why does Anne want me to be with Ivy so bad? Maybe..maybe me and Ivy are that 1/3 that..aren't meant to be? So..
"I-I can't do this.." I say softly. Ivy let's go of my hands.
"Yeah..this feels to forced.." she sighs, "so you want to go somewhere else?" She asked.
"I.. I just, need to be alone right now.." I say quickly, feeling the need for some air.
I move away as quickly as I could, until I'm far from the dance.
"Stupid dance.." I grown, removing some of the clothing, "stupid clothes...stupid night!" I finish removing the 'traditional' clothes, and am left in my ordinary clothes. The other clothes were thrown onto the ground in my annoyance. I just wanted to have a good night. Hang out with Anne, maybe watch a show with her on her magical soul device- but no. This 'had' to happen..

   I sigh and sit on a rock next to a swamp, my eyes growing watery.

POV: Anne

"Where did he go?!" Hop Pop asked, frustrated, "he has to do the tradition! And he just left her?!"
"Let just go find him. He couldn't have gotten too far.." I suggested.
"Yes..yes, you're right. Let's split up so we cover more ground." Hop Pop calmed down.
   I nod, and escape from my hiding place. I looked around the area. Hm..where could he go..
   I walk into the woods more, and look around.
"Sprig??" I call, but all I hear is bugs chirping. I walk further, and the light of the town slowly faded away, leaving darkness. After a while, I start to see lightning bugs everywhere; but no Sprig. After wandering for a bit more, I step on something. I look down and see the clothing that Hop Pop made him wear.
"Sprig?" I ask softly, looking around.
   I walk a little bit further, and hear soft sobbing. I follow the noise and see Sprig sitting on a rock.
"Sprig?" I asked.
   He didn't move, so I sat next to him. His eyes were shut, but he still crying. He was sleeping. Was he having a nightmare?
"No...don't leave.." he muttered softly to himself.
    I can't stand to see him like this..he's gonna get me going too..
I wrap my arms around him, pulling him closer so he was basically on my lap. I felt him wrap his arms around me as well, though I knew he was still sleeping.
"Anne..please don't leave us..." he says into my arm.
    Is this why he didn't get enough sleep last night? He was having nightmares..about me leaving?
    I feel my eyes fill up with tears as I look down at him. I wipe away my tears, and then his tears.
"Don't worry little buddy...I won't be leaving for a while.." I whisper, hugging him closer to me, "I promise.."
    I stand up and continue to hug him as we made our way back home. I ran into Hop Pop and Polly. Apparently Polly had talked with Hop Pop, and now he feels bad for putting too much pressure on Sprig. I bet Sprig will be happy to hear that in the morning...
    I lay Sprig down on his bed, and cover him with his blanket. But when I go to leave, all I hear is him squirming. I guess I'll have to tolerate the moisture in his room for tonight...