Chapter 7

Zack's POV 

I was glad everyone had come over, it was always nice to just spend time together, relaxing and I always enjoyed seeing the kids.

It was pretty late and everyone was starting to head home. Johnny and Stacey had gone awhile ago because Brandon was being a little difficult, not that it bothered any of us.

Matt and Ana were gathering stuff and getting ready to leave.

"Don't forget Sunday." Ana told Lilah.

"Honestly Ana, as if I would."

I smiled, Lilah was so snappy lately, it was kind of cute. I looked at her and her huge stomach, I was excited and I couldn't wait to finally meet our baby.

"Let's go." Matt called.

"No." Of course Natasha would argue.

"Yes." Matt told her.

She stuck her tongue out. "Mommy, can I sleep at Aunty Bree's?"

Ana glanced at Bree and Bree nodded. "Can she mommy?"

"Of course." Ana said.

So they all headed off, Tash with Bree. I noticed Brian watching Bree, I knew how he felt, I just wished he'd tell her.

After everyone had left we started cleaning up.

"Go to bed." I told Lilah. "I'll do it."

"Okay." She told me, giving me a quick kiss.

I watched her head upstairs, smiling to myself.

I finished up and headed to bed. Lilah was laying on her side, staring at the wall, I knew what was bothering her and we needed to talk about it.

I climbed in and slipped my arm around her waist.

"Are you excited about the reunion?" I asked her.

"I really don't want to go."

"Why not? I think it'll be fun." I told her.

"I don't." She snapped.

"Why?" I asked her, I knew I was pushing her but I wanted her to say it. It was a topic that had popped up a few times during our relationship.

"Because Zack, I don't want to." She picked up my arm and removed it.

"I just want to know why?"

She started crying, maybe I'd pushed her to far.

"Just leave me alone."

"Baby talk to me." I pulled her into my arms.

"You know why I don't want to go." She whispered.

"Lilah." I murmured. "I wish you wouldn't think like this."

"I can't help it."

"I've told you a million times nothing would be different." I believed that.

She didn't answer me, she didn't have to, I knew the problem was Meg, the problem was always Meg.

"Everything would be so different." She whispered.

I hugged her. When Meg had died Lilah was the one who'd spent time with me, consoling me and we'd grown close. She couldn't help but think if Meg hadn't died I'd still be with her.

"It wouldn't Lilah, I think you and I were meant to be together. I think we would still be together."

"I know that's what you think, but sometimes I can't help but wonder and then I feel bad because it's like I'm glad she's dead, but I'm not." She was sobbing.

"Please baby, stop it."

Yes Megs death had shattered me but I'd gotten Lilah out of it, so for me it was bittersweet.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

I looked at her, she was beautiful and I couldn't imagine being with anyone else but her. "I love you, and only you and I would have married you anyway."

"Good." She whispered, closing her eyes.

I held her while she fell asleep, kissing her occasionally. She was the love of my life and I wouldn't let her forget it.