Chapter 10

I woke up on Len's bathroom floor with my body aching everywhere. I groaned in displeasure, feeling weak in every bone in my body. Then I tried to locate my phone, picking it up once my touch found it. I brought it to my face and remembered that I tried calling Miku last night. Did it work? I don't think so...

It hit me that it was Monday and there's school today, making me jolt up from the ground and running into Len's room. He laid cosily in his blue sheets in the dark; so I don't know if it's random that I spotted drool on his bed. Cringing, I tried to steal his suit and pants so that way it wouldn't be weird that I'm wearing his clothes -even though it is weird and I am wearing his clothes- but I manage to find one that suits my body type without question.

I grabbed a random comb from a bucket in the bathroom and combed my hair carefully, making sure it doesn't look like I fell asleep too late. Once I was finished, I grabbed my phone again and saw the time: 4:00 am.

I feels like I was showered with bricks.

I close my eyes and breathe, wondering how today will go. It has been a very long weekend for me, and I don't think I can cope with anyone today. I believe the only thing making me go is Miku, who hasn't responded to my calls at all. Hopefully she makes it to school so I can see her, but I'm not too sure.

I examine the bathroom mirror. My face had red indentations on it that showed that I fell asleep on my arm, and it looked as if I fell asleep hard. I take a few steps back. My eyeliner that I applied yesterday was all over my cheeks. How did I forget to clean it off?

My head started to hurt. Oh man, it's like a major hangover... Or maybe I'm still drunk on love? Ugh...

"Rin?" A muffled voice that sounded like Fentina said through the door. I open it and I was right. The only difference is that her black hair was all over the place. "F-Fentina... I'm so sorry about everything. I... I don't know where to begin..."

Fentina just laughs and I look down to the floor. "Rin... I'm not mad at you. You had a really hard weekend, I understand. Honestly, I'm proud of you. Why don't I take you to school today?" I look back at her, prepared to decline. "No, no way... I mean, I caused you a lot of trouble already..."

She shrugs, like it's whatever, and then I realized that she's taking me anyway because she's also taking Len. Oh, well, duh.

I walk out with her and enter the kitchen.

"What time does Len wake up?" I ask, seeing Fentina yawn. "He's suppose to get up in a few hours, but he's generally a heavy sleeper so it's going to be a little rough to fulfill." I allow that to sink in, remembering all the times we have slept over together. The sun would rise, let's say for Christmas, and I would be the eager one to wake him up for the gifts. I remember it fluidly.

"C'mon, Len! I don't want Santa to leave with our gifts!" I scream, excitement filling at my lungs. It's 11:56 pm; past our bed time. All Len did was mumble.

To this day it's hilarious that I pissed Len off by opening his gifts. I totally understand how he's a heavy sleeper, and to this day Len keeps it to his heart to wake up before me. Ah, beautiful friendship, ain't it?

I sit at the table, waiting for breakfast. "Um... About my dad..." I tell her, feeling the memory swarm into my brain and hoping it doesn't swallow my heart up. "How did it go? You sound ready to tell me." Fentina asks, facing me while the sound of cereal being poured follows behind.

"He... He apologized, I think..." I said, blinking back tears. Here we go again. "What else? I don't think that's all he did." I sigh, trembling slightly in my seat. "He... He, um..." As soon as I was about to admit what my dad announced, Len comes fumbling down the steps.