Introduction

Story of the Elements

It falls to me, I suppose, to take the time to pen this story. But even I, the Lady of Time, must confess, there are still parts which elude my understanding. Still, having conundrums in one's existence helps keep some interest, gives one things to ponder, when sometimes the eons are quiet.

The finer details relating of how The Sanctuary was founded are chronicled elsewhere, but here it is worth a brief mention as it was the beginning. From a single catastrophic event, which tore across realms, realities, time and space on a scale which I'm sure you would be at a loss to comprehend.

Your world view unfortunately, doesn't extend far beyond your little planet, and your concepts are still firmly bound in your skulls. Plus, you are hardly around long enough to even contemplate advanced universal laws.

And don't be insulted by the truth of things. It is what it is. You sparklings are hardly aware of anything beyond your reality.

But I digress, and I will endeavour to write in a way the ink and the words find their own meanings to you, and broaden your mind just enough to understand events which would normally be beyond you.

My first involvement with the Elements of the universe, as I said, was hardly a congenial afternoon tea affair....