SIX

"Ah Taehyung, granny told me to come over here," Jungkook states as he spots the two boys on the veranda, who are still staring.

"Y-yeah... or, I mean why? You could just have stayed home," Taehyung adds.

"I like to get out of that rather filthy house once in a while, thank you." bitchy Jungkook is back. Taehyung sighs as he just thought there was a bit of 'goodness' in the younger. Seems like he was wrong.

"Well, I was going to leave anyway," Taehyung answers, making Jimin catch his arm to stop him.

"Dude, he's a total hottie! Have you fucked him yet?" Jimin whispers in his ear. The brunette jumps in shock from the question.

"No! There's no way I would do that!" he whisper-yells, making Jimin roll his eyes before giggling.

"What are you talking about?" Jungkook asks from the side, the horse standing behind him faithfully.

"About how Taehyung should fu-" Taehyung smacks his hand over his friend's mouth, his face burning from embarrassment.

"About the... fair! There's a fair tomorrow and we should definitely go!" he bursts out, making Jimin laugh against his hand.

"A fair? Are you a child?" Jungkook asks, one eyebrow raised.

Taehyung places a hand over his chest, making it look like he's offended.

"The fair is for all ages! How could someone not love it?" his words have a hint of sarcasm so Jimin just can't stop laughing.

Jungkook frowns at the spoken male.

"And, who's that?"

"Oh right, I'm Jimin! Taehyung's most beloved person after his grandma," he earns a smack on the shoulder from the brunette, who pouts childly.

Cute.

No Jungkook!? What the fuck!?

The younger clears his throat.

"H-hello, I'm Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook. Businessman," he reaches his hand out and Jimin shakes it violently. The younger makes a grimace by touching the other's small hand.

The boy is not very tall, a big smile and small eyes. He seems so cute and fluffy.

"A pretty boy I see! I hope you're having a good time here in the countryside" Jimin says.

Jungkook nods and quickly let's go of his hand before drying it off in his shirt. He should just have bowed.

"But Tae, I'm hanging you up on that with the fair, I wanna go! It has been ages since I went!" Jimin adds, hopping up and down a little.

"Sure, let's do it," Taehyung smiles at the other and Jungkook can't help but stare. He hasn't really looked properly at the older. His smile is almost formed like a box, showing a beautiful set of teeth that light up his features.

Their eyes meet and Jungkook quickly looks away, his cheeks blushing a little from being caught staring.

"Great! Well, I'll text you later," Jimin smiles gladly, giving Taehyung a big hug before walking inside the house again.

Jungkook and Taehyung stand in silence for a second. It's awkward.

"Well, let's go then... we should probably get that horse enclosed..." the elder points at the horse that is walking slowly around behind Jungkook.

"Yeah..." Jungkook walks over to it and it doesn't flinch or anything like it did with Taehyung.

The younger pulls the horse over to the pen, letting it free together with the other horses. In the meantime, Taehyung has collected his own horse.

He reaches a hand down, helping Jungkook up behind him like the first day they met.

After walking for a while, Taehyung is the first to break the silence.

"So... you don't have fairs in the city?" he asks, mentally scolding himself for asking such a childish question.

Jungkook hums, looking down.

"I think so, but I have never been to one," he states.

Taehyung nods.

"I and Jimin used to go every year, but you're right... we might be getting too old," his deep, smooth laughter fills the air around them. It's surprisingly comfortable for the younger to listen to.

"He's really small," Jungkook adds, making Taehyung laugh even more.

"Don't be fooled though, he seems like a cute little kid, but when he's angry you'd wish you never excited."

Jungkook can't help but crack a smile at this. He knows that small people are always the scariest. Yoongi fits that statement very well.

"I could imagine."

Silence surrounds them again. The sun is going down slowly, making the road seem blurry in the distance. The only sound is the hooves from Taehyung's horse hitting the pavement.

"Have you... ever wanted to go to the city?" Jungkook encourages himself to ask.

"Of course, but I want to stay with grandma, and the big cities seem... scary" the elder states, fixing his hold around the rope bridling the horse.

Jungkook just hums in response. He has lived in the city since the begging, a silver spoon in his mouth with dozens of people around him that adores him.

"And I like being here! There aren't many rules and I'm free to do anything I want," Taehyung adds.

Jungkook understands that much. In the city, you must follow the rules not to be a bother for other people (not that he does it though).

"But it's filthy and hot here... I don't like it," Jungkook states annoyingly, remembering how long he is going to stay.

"You'll get used to it, cityboy~" Taehyung chuckles slightly.

"Besides, you need to learn how to act around here. Hold tight," he adds.

"What do y-" but Jungkook's words were brutally cut as Taehyung kicks harshly into the horse's sides, making is rush forward in full gallop. Jungkook almost falls off, but he's able to grab around Taehyung's waist and hold tightly.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" Jungkook yells at the other, who is smiling happily and kicking the horse even more.

"ENJOYING LIFE!" he yells back. Jungkook just holds even tighter, feeling the wind hit his face.

This place is nothing like he has ever experienced before.