thirty-six

"This place is insane!"
I marveled in awe of the high ceilings as we strolled our way through the vast dress store.

Scar's attention never left me as I practically dragged him through row after row, admiring each soft, elaborate piece of fabric. He would snicker softly or even smirk every once in awhile at my child-like giddiness but I had never seen such a lavish establishment.

As I neared the next row, a poignant purple reached out and caught my eye. The soft, silky material slipped through my fingers as I pulled it off the rack, examining the cinched waist that flowed into an ombré sheer skirt. It was a little much, but we were in a foreign place, I could be whoever I wanted to be.

Arms snuck around my waist as well as a chest pressing to my back and the dress slipped from my hands, the hanger clinking the ground loudly.
Quickly regathering myself, I scooped the dress  up off the ground checking to see if anyone had noticed my mishap on the way back up.

The tag brushed against my hand and I flipped it around taking a double glance before my jaw slapped the floor.

9,844
Real Satin.

Moving on.

I tried placing the dress back on the rack to find a sale section but Scar's hand wrapped around my wrist tightly, stopping me in my place.

"You like this one?"
His voice came out raspy and he cleared his throat before quirking an eyebrow in my direction expectantly.

"Not ten THOUSAND dollars like it!"
I insisted, a bit too loudly.
My head swiveled around, checking for eavesdroppers, before I returned my focus back to Scar.

"Me too, I wanna see you in it," he fake pouted at my shocked, shaking head.

Did he just blatantly ignore most of what I said ?

"One time?"

I let out a laugh as he cheekily put a slender finger up, his head cocking to the side.

He cheered in a childish way, taking my laughs as a yes and slinging the evil expensive dress over his arm. Taking my hand in his, he placed a quick kiss over my knuckles and I took in his dark eyes.

After carefully searching and plenty of playful bickering,
we had gathered a total of four dresses.

The cheapest one, 4,444 , was going to be my choice; a black strapless mini dress. Nothing special, and although I wasn't sure of the currency comparison, still pretty damn expensive.

The prominent, purple, pricey, ombré flowing wonder held second place. However, it was the prettiest of the bunch.

Third along the way was an emerald green gown that looked as if tinker bell might've owned it. The tattered bottom with spaghetti strap tops seemed as if it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper then 6,448 , but then again, I'm no dress expert.

Fourth and finally, a beautiful, white, flowing gown that'd reach mid calf. It reminded me of something a pirate's wife would wear or maybe a rich women's nightgown. Simple but beautiful with sleeves that flowed elegantly outwards.
It was priced at 4,788.