Chapter 5 -

~ FLASHBACK ~

It was a cold winter night 4 years ago, Jimin was 13 while Namjoon was 9. They had decided to meet at their place, which was an abandoned playground located just blocks away from Namjoon and Jimin's neighborhood.

This place was sacred to both of them as before it became abandoned, they used to frequently hang out around the area. Their place was so special to both of them as they first met there and to them, the rest of their friendship was a miracle.

True, they were 4 years apart, but that wouldn't stop the friendship that blossomed from the first day the two laid their eyes on the other when they were kids.  They say that love is just a matter of feeling not the number of years, well that's exactly what Namjoon and Jimin's friendship was like.

Jimin and Namjoon were both swinging on the swing sets going up and down anticipating for the other to say something. It wasn't until Jimin saw Namjoon shivering from the cold that he decided to open his mouth, but not before offering his jacket to his friend.

" So, why did you call me over here Joonie, it's pretty late at night?"

" Look who's talking, I bet you some days you're out here until the sun rises" Namjoon replied.

Jimin sighed, he got caught " Yeah, I guess your right."

" What do you even do out here this late though?"

Jimin froze at that question, he couldn't answer truthfully it would ruin everything he worked so hard to keep away from Namjoon. In truth, Jimin was ashamed to be apart of the mafia, but he had no other choice. It was either be in the mafia or be dead. Plus, he had learned to make a family out of the people he was associated with.

What he didn't know was that in gaining a second family to his dysfunctional one, he was losing his best friend.

" I......um........ have been working really late recently. You see I have gotten another job you know I really need it." Jimin replied thinking of the fastest plausible excuse

" Oh, I don't know you were working for another job. That must be tiring. I get why you have no more time for me anymore." Namjoon said pouting.

" And what do you mean by that?'

" I mean that we barely hang out anymore, it's like you don't care about me anymore!" Namjoon said on the verge of tears.

Namjoon was right, he had completely discarded him. Jimin has spent most of his time with the newly formed BigHit Boys. They had only been around for a year and they needed to focus on their business to see it grow. So yes, he has been out late, but not for a job for his "family".

" N-no Joonie, please don't cry. I care about you with my whole heart, you know that. I would do anything for. I know at the moment it may seem like I'm distancing myself from you, but I'm not. I just need the money to live and I'm really busy at the moment with things. So, I'm sorry please forgive me." Jimin only half-heartedly apologized., only half of what he was saying was true.

" O-okay, just please promise me that you will never leave me. I never want to forget my best friend. I love you Jiminie~"

Jimin's heart clutched and his heart beat rapidly, " I promise Joonie, I will never leave your side until the day I die. I love you too~"

The two hugged for the rest of the night until sunrise, the silence comforting the both of them.

~~~~~

~Jimin's P.O.V.~

My mind was occupied as we took an unconscious Namjoon to our headquarters located in an abandoned warehouse (or so it might look like that, in reality, it was as fancy as a mansion). I couldn't help but think about all the memories I had made with Namjoon.