Chapter 1

Emma's POV:

"Come on Em, put this on. We have to leave for the party." Kate says, dragging my sister into my room. "But Kay, I don't want to go. You know I'd rather sit here and read my book." I say. "Emma, come on, it's our last night of freedom. Come on, please." Kate says, sitting down beside me.

I roll my eyes. "Fine, but just this one time." I say. "YES!" She exclaims, jumping up and tossing me the outfit she has picked out. I groan, but take it into the bathroom with me. I look at the outfit in disgust. This is so not my style. I shake my head, but comply to Kate's wishes.

I change into the coral embroidered top, black jean shorts, and over the knee socks. Once I'm dressed I take my hair out of it's messy bun and let it curl around my face in face. I debate doing anything else with it, but decide that it's fine for this type of party.

I apply light concealer, mascara, and lip balm before exiting the bathroom. "You look so good!" Sarah squeals. "Whatever, let's just get this over with." I say, slipping on my knee high combat boots. The nod and drag me out of my dorm room and into Sarah's car.

When we get there we somehow find ourselves in the middle of the party. "So, give us the scoop." Sarah says. "Ok, so first thing out two need to know, is that Aaron Abbot is a prick. Treats girls like dirt." Kate says. "Ok." Sarah takes in.

"Who's that?" I ask, pointing to a mysterious, handsome guy. "The new guy." Kate says. "He's looking over here." Sarah whispers. "I don't know much about him, but I intend to find out." Kate says. "He's cute." I concede.

"What is this? Is does little Miss Emma think something other than a book is attractive?" Kate asks teasingly. "Shut up." I say, nudging her a little. Suddenly Kate freezes and looks at something behind me. "They're here." Kate says. I turn. "Who are they?" Sarah asks.

"The Sons of Ipswich." She says, like it explains everything. "Hey Kate." The lead guy says. "Caleb." She greets, smiling at him. I give him a once over, damn. Forget the new guy, this guy has got to be the most handsome guy there is.

Kate then runs past the Caleb guy and into the arms of another. "Hi." She then kisses him. "You're late." She says. "I had a thing with the family. Who are they?" He asks. All the guys look at Sarah and I.

"My new roommate and her sister. Sarah, Emma, this is Pogue Perry, Tyler Simms, Reid-" "Garwin. Reid Garwin. Good evening." He says, shaking both of our hands. "Good evening." Sarah replies. I just offer him a friendly smile.

"You know, Sarah's my grandmother's name. You kind of remind me of her." He says. I hold back a laugh at this. 'Caleb' cuts him off. "Caleb Danvers." He says, his voice incredibly deep. "Sarah." "Emma." I say, my voice quiet. Caleb then looks at me.

I hold his stare, mesmerized by his dark eyes. I'm snapped out of it when someone calls his name. "Caleb." A high and winey voice calls. "Kira." He says as if he is regretting the up coming conversation. I lower my head to the ground breaking eye contact.

The girl, Kira, steps in between Caleb and myself, obscuring my view. "How was your summer?" She asks in a seductive voice. I then see him look past her to look at me and I blush. "Um..." He doesn't answer so she turns around and faces me and Sarah. "I'm Kira." She says. "Sarah."

"Emma." I say. "Oh, right. From the Boston public." She says all snooty. "Yeah." I say quietly. "Tell me, how does one go about getting into Spencer from a public." She says, smirking at us. I drop my head again. "Why don't you give it a rest Kira." Caleb says.

I look up and meet his dark eyes again. "Why don't you give it a rest." Another boy says, coming in between Kira and Caleb. "I don't want any trouble Aaron." Caleb says. "I'm sure you don't." Aaron says. Kate was right, this guy is a prick.

"You posers make me want to puke." Aaron's friend says from behind him. "Is that right?" Reid asks. "Hey, let it go." Caleb says. "I think you owe Kira an apology." Aaron says. "No, actually, I think Kira owns Emma and Sarah an apology." He says.

Then Aaron shoves Caleb and I automatically take a step forward, but stop myself as the cute guy from earlier steps in between them. "Ok, you were being kind of bitchy." He says. Before anyone could say anything Aaron's friend throws up all over his jacket.

My mouth opens and I hold back a laugh. Karma is really a bitch. "GUYS! Dylan just called, said there are three cop cars headed this way." The DJ guy says. "Come on." Caleb says, grabbing my arm gently and pulling me in the direction of all the cars. "You need a ride?" Caleb asks.

"No, Sarah drove us out here." Kate explains. "I could use a lift, the guy from earlier says. "No problem." Kate says. "Hey, nice going back there. Caleb." Caleb introduces. I smile at the interaction, good to see everyone getting along.

"Chase. I thought me and that other guy were about to throw hands. His friend's puking sure came at an opportune time." Chase says. "Didn't it though." Reid says in a weird voice. Whatever. We finally reach the cars and I head straight for Sarah's passenger seat. 

I'm about to get in when I meet Caleb's gaze once again. "Good night." I say. He smiles and nods back at me. I blush while ducking my head and getting in the car. Sarah goes to start it and nothing happens. She rolls down her window. "My car won't start." She calls. 

"Hop in with us." Pogue suggests. "I can't just leave it here." She calls back. "I can fix it for you." Reid says, getting out of the black Hummer. "Ok." Kate says. He opens the hood, leans down and then a few seconds later he pops back up. "Try it now." He says. 

Sarah does and is rewarded by the engine starting. "Thank you!" She calls. The we hear the sirens. "Let's go Sar." I say. "Got it." With that we speed off, back towards the school.