Chapter 3

Emma's POV:

When we get to the dorm we go to my room. "I'll be right out." I say, grabbing my things and taking them into the bathroom. I change into a low cut black dress, with a sparkly skirt, and black heeled boots.

I take my hair down from the bun and curl it a little bit before applying mascara and concealer, and my signature night red lip. Once I'm done I spritz myself with perfume and exit the bathroom. "Ready?" I ask Caleb who has his back to me. He turns around and his eyes widen.

He then smiles. "You look great. Yeah, let's go." He says. We exit the school again and get into his car. The drive to Nicky's is short and soon I'm sitting at the table with Kate, Chase, and Caleb. Apparently Pogue couldn't go to the movie. For some reason, I get a bad feeling about Chase.

Yeah, he's been a good guy so far, but I feel like he has some big, dark secret. All the boys sort of give off that vibe to me. Reid and Tyler came in a few minutes ago and now Pogue just showed up and now he's dragged Caleb away to play pool. "What is happening?" I ask the table.

"What do you mean?" Sarah asked me. "One second we're all sitting here having fun and the next the guys are over there and I'm bored." I say. "It's just how it is. The way girls are." Kate says. "No, that's not how I am." Sarah says, agreeing with me, standing up.

"Give me a quarter." She says. "What are you going to do?" I ask. "You'll see. Come on, quarter." She says. Sighing I grab the coin and hand it to her. She races off towards the juke box. Putting the quarter in the machine I hear 'I Love Rock and Roll' come on.

Smiling, I start to get up and go towards Caleb when Sarah rushes past me and grabs his arm, dragging him to the dance floor. My smile falls and Kate looks at me with a sympathetic look on her face, Chase does too. I see Sarah and Caleb dancing up on each other.

Suddenly I hear some shouts behind me and look to see Aaron shove Reid. Caleb leaves Kate and all the boys go outside. Sarah starts heading this way. "Hey, I'm gonna head back to the school." I tell Kate. "You sure?" She asks, concerned.

I nod, grabbing my bag and heading for the door. When I walk outside the bar there is way less noise. I take a deep breath as I push the tears back. "I should've known." I tell myself before I begin my trek back towards the school.

I've only walked a little ways when I hear footsteps pounding the pavement behind me. "Hey, mind if I join you?" I turn and smile at Chase. "Of course." I say, trying to keep my voice even. We walk in silence a little ways before he speaks. "You know, you deserve so much more than that."

I stare at him confused. "I'm sorry?" "Sarah and Caleb. She's your sister and he's an idiot if he doesn't see how great of a girl you are." He says. I blush and look down, smiling. "Thank you Chase, you're a good guy. You'll find someone as well." I say.

We finally reach the dorms and he walks me to my door. "Thank you for walking me back." I say. "It was no problem, really." He says. "Well, thanks anyways. Goodnight." I say, I turn and open my door, stopping suddenly.

Then I whip around and place a small kiss on his cheek before going back into my dorm and closing the door. I lean my back up against the door and smile to myself. Chase is right, if Caleb is going to look past me for my sister than who needs him? My phone suddenly goes off.

"Hello?" I answer. "Hey, mind if I crash in your dorm tonight. I don't want Pogue to come looking for me." She says. "Yeah sure. You know where it is." I say. "Thank you!" She yells before hanging up the phone. Sighing I grab a brush and brush out the curls from my hair.

I then remove any trace of makeup on my face. Once I'm done with that I throw my hair into a messy bun and slip on my glasses before changing into a white v-neck tee, grey shorts, and grey fuzzy socks. I then make myself a peppermint hot chocolate and sit on my bed.

After a few minutes I hear a knock on the door

After a few minutes I hear a knock on the door. "Come on Kate!" I call. "It's not Kate." I deep voice replies. Sighing I get off my bed and go over to the door, opening it a little ways. "What do you want Caleb?" I ask him. "Just-can we talk? Please?" He asks.

Just as I'm about to answer I hear Kate say, "leave her alone Caleb" as she waltz into my dorm room. "It's fine Kate, I'll be back in a second." I say. "Whatever." She says, as I slip out and close the door. Caleb leads me to a bench on the other wall.

"I want to talk to you about today." He says. "You like my sister, what is there to talk about?" I ask, going to get up, but he stops me. "No, not tonight, this afternoon." He says, referring to the trip to his caretaker's house. "What about it?" I ask.

"Did you know, you're the only girl I've ever taken out there?" He asks. My eyes widen slightly. "Really?" I ask. "Yeah. And I'm glad I did. I feel something for you Emma, something more than a friend." When he says this, my heart starts to flutter.

"I know I screwed up tonight when I danced with Sarah, and I'm sorry, I was thinking with my dick instead of my head." He says. I let out a chuckle. "You got that right. It was an asshole move." I say, looking at my hands in my lap. That is, until he covers the with his own.

"I want to make it up to you." He says. "How?" I ask, a smile growing on my face. "Let me take you out tomorrow night. I promise, it'll be worth it." He says. "One more chance buddy." I say, standing up from the bench.

"Thank you. I promise, you won't regret this." He says, kissing my cheek before rushing down the hallways towards the entrance. Smiling to myself I walk back into the room. "What did he want?" Kate asks. "He's taking me out tomorrow night." I say, the grin still on my face.

"Really? Is that the best idea? I mean, after what he did with Sarah-" "This is his last chance. I explained that to him." I say. "I trust you judgement, but I don't want to see you hurt Emma. Just be careful. The Sons of Ipswich are one strange bunch." She says. I nod.

I don't even ask her about the fight I know she and Pogue had. I just climb into one side of the bed, take off my glasses and turn out the bedside light. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out.