Realisation

Violet awoke to a beautiful blue Jay sitting on a rock across from her. She looked around confused and then she screams and cries when she remembers what happened.

    She destroyed her life and she was angry. She picked up a big stuck and started hitting a the tree she slept under.

    The stick broke in half and she continued to hit the tree until the stick was to small to be able to break. She threw the stick as she was breathing heavily. She sat down to catch her breath and calm down.

    She told herself that it would get better, she just needed to get used to this new life. She couldn't believe that she was there, how could it have been her?

    She got up to try to go find food, she was starving from not even getting to eat dinner. She walked for hours until she found a case.

    She knelt down and slowly opened it, there was a container of water and a few fishing nets and a knife. She couldn't believe it.

    "Stand. Slowly" A soft males voice spoke from behind her as she heard a weapon being drawn.

    "It's not what it looks like, I promise. I was just curious, I wasn't going to steal" She spoke up with her voice shaking.

    "It's fine I get it. I just don't think Jay would be happy. I need to take you to him" He said with sympathy as he put his knife away.

"Please, I can just leave. Please you will never see me again." She turned around to reveal a man who looked to be in his late 20's.

    "I'm really sorry, but I can't." He walks next to her on their way to his camp.

    Most of the way there was silent before he asked "How old are you"

    "Fourteen. You?" She stares at the ground watching her feet kick up the dirt turning it into a cloud of dust.

    "God, they are putting people in so young now. I'm twenty-nine." He gives a faint smile to her

They reach a tall wooden gate and a man opens it from a stand above it. A little boy who looked a slight bit younger than Violet ran up to the strange man and hugged him for a few seconds then ran away.

    "I thought nobody under sixteen got sent here before." She looked at the man with confusion written all over her face.

    "Oh there hasn't been. That's Hunter, he is my son. He was born here" He chuckles as they continue walking.

    They reach a building that has a wood carving on the door frame saying Jay.

    The strange man opened the door and walked into a room with Violet that revealed a man sitting in a chair working on some sort of project.

    "Jay. I found someone she was looking through one of our boxes. I don't think she is any harm I just wanted to double check with you."

    "Leave her here. Thanks Harmon. You can leave now" Jay spins around.

    "H-hi sir... I didn't..."

    "It's fine. How old are you?" He cuts her off. "What's your name"

    "I'm fourteen, my name is Violet"

    "Young... How in the hell did you end up here?" Jay questions her

    She stares at the dirty wooden floor in silence. Jay picks up that she doesn't want to talk about it and then nods.

    "You can stay here." He tells her acknowledging how hard it must be at her age.

    "Really?" She looks back up to him with excitement in her voice "Thank you so much!"

    He laughs standing up to help her find where she will be staying.

    "We have a house that you can stay in. It's empty." He says pointing at it through the open door.

    She smiles at him and then runs to the house and opens the door and lays on the floor. THIS was her home now.