Chapter 32 - Anger

Romeo's POV

It's been a week, since she made a threat against my life and nothing. I've never hidden, I've been here with the window wide open welcoming her attempt to kill me. I'll be damned if I let anyone threaten my life and get away with it. I've not contacted her nor heard from her or anything about her from the underground or even about contracts she done. I won't bend first, after all she wants me dead not the other way around, but I'm surprised I've not heard about any jobs she's pulled, wasn't she looking for a job before she wanted me dead.

"Get. The. Fuck. Out!" I roared at Enzo as he entered the gym. "No, you have to get the fuck out of here and sleep or even eat, this is not healthy." he tried to reason with me. Again. "Get. Out." I repeated seething, the beast a permanent fixture. "No."

Crack.

I landed a punch to Enzo's jaw, his head whipped to one side, but then looked back at me and squared his jaw again. "Okay, let's go." he said eagerly. A full on fist fight broke out both me and Enzo punched, kicked, pinned and cursed each other out until we both were beaten and bloodied messes but neither backed down. "Is it my turn?" a happy Timo said as he was leant against the door frame. We looked at him angry and exhausted but ignored him, from our bent over panting positions we stared at each other. I stood tall stretching out every ache from where he had landed a hit. "Good talk." I patted him on his shoulder and walked out the gym, wiping my blood and sweat on a towel.

I showered, dressed and went to sort some paperwork out in my office. I entered the office to find mother sat in front of my desk looking calm but fierce, like only a mother can. "Madre, what brings you to my office?" I tried to sound pleasant, but it didn't work and sounded harsh. "I came to see my figlio." she raised an eyebrow at me. "Well as you can see, I'm a busy man. I shall see you another day." I gestured to the door and took a seat. "Don't you dare show me the door Romeo, I am your madre and you will listen to me." my anger was starting to boil. "Then talk." I seethed. "Why have you been so angry lately? The last time I saw you, you were-" I interrupted her, I didn't like where this conversation was going. "I was feeling nothing, and I will not tolerate talking about any of this." I was angry. "What did you do?" she was pushing me to breaking point and my eyes widened with fury as my nose twitched. "What did I do? I didn't do anything. She threatened my life and I don't respond well to threats." she waited calmly for me to finish. "Did she really?" I pinched the top of my nose, trying not to lash out at my mother. "Yes. She. Did." I pronounced each word angrily. "You're not telling the truth." I couldn't take any more, I exploded. "Don't you fucking dare call me a liar. I was there I know what she said. She said her orders were to kill me in two days but I'm still here." she nodded. "You just said it yourself, 'her orders', not her wishes." that pulled me up short. 'her orders not her wishes', fuck my anger was so high that I blocked out all the rest of the conversation. I blocked out the part she believes I didn't kill her family, I blocked out the part that she never wanted to kill me.

I bowed my head towards the desk and rested my hands on the back of my neck, all traces of anger gone. "I'm sorry madre, I was disrespectful to you." she rubbed my shoulders in comfort. "You need to let go of your anger figlio, it's not healthy. I know that seeing her again brings up the pain of losing your father but look at what else it brought you. Peace and happiness." she half embraced me. "Now get to the kitchen, you're going to eat." her kind motherly voice was back. "Madre, I need to go see her. I need her." I admitted, my need for her grew in seconds after I realised how irrational I'd been. She smiled at me holding my chin. "Then go to her. I expect you both for Sunday lunch." She kissed my forehead, making me wince in pain from the cut there. Enzo appeared at the door, his look stern. "Madre, Boss." he greeted me sarcastically and I rolled my eyes. "Looks like you two talked it out." she quickly looked at Enzo's cuts and bruises. "Sunday lunch, I expect you to be there." she said as she left the office. That left us two just looking at each other dumb, we both nodded and embraced quickly and parted. "I'm going to Carmela's." he nodded. "I'll hold your meetings."

I drove like a mad man to her apartment, my mother made me realise that I have been a dick, again. I was with her for less than a day and fucked it up, how could I do that to her? when she fully accepted me with all my faults. When she gave her everything to me? How could I possibly marry her? When all I do is fuck everything up.

I parked up outside the apartment block and quickly made my way up to her apartment and banged on the door in desperation, shouting her name. After the fourth knock a young pretty blonde woman answered the door in bewilderment. "I need to see Carmela." I said not letting her speak and burst past her through the door. Realisation dawned over her face and then she knitted her eyebrows at me. "What have you done to her?" she yelled. "What? I haven't done anything. I'm here to see her." I was confused. "Well get in line buddy, I've been trying to get hold of her for a week now. I know who you are and what you do. You're the only suspect there is, I'm calling the cops." I nodded, a little surprised that she knows who I am but mostly just annoyed. "You know who I am and what I do, but yet you raise your voice to me and accuse me of doing something to Carmela, then threaten me with the cops. Not a smart move." I stalked forward to force her back to the wall, she looked scared. "I'm just worried. With her line of work she could be in trouble." her voice was small, but full of truth.

I sighed. "What do you know about her last known whereabouts." I inquired. "She was surprising you at your home with the erm... with the lingerie." she seems to know a lot for someone I know nothing about. "Who are you?" I was still stern, and she was cowering to the wall. "I'm Amy. Carmela's best friend." she admitted. "Well Amy, you seem to know too much and are coming with me." her eyes widened and the look of shock that crossed her face was clear. "But... But I have work." I smirked. "Not anymore. Plus you work for me, so you will go where I want you too." she gulped loudly but led the way down the stairs and to my car and slowly eyed her possible escapes. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. Get in."

I frog marched her to my office and instructed her to sit down and not make a sound. I poured her a glass of water and called for Enzo to meet me. "Didn't expect you back so soon, if you know what I mean." He laughed as he entered the office but was speechless when he noticed Amy. "Aren't you that girl from the club?" his vague memories of her coming to light. She looked him dead in the eye. "Wouldn't you like to know?" she said and rolled her eyes. "Okay, who's little miss sassy?" he said now looking at me, I didn't care about this drama that was about to happen. "Carmela is missing. Track this number and I want a report in 1 hour." His face changed from sarcastic to severe in seconds, nodded and left the room quickly. "I told you to behave." my annoyance still evident in my voice. "And I didn't want to be kidnapped, but here we are." I had to hand it to her, she was braver than I expected. "How do you know who I am?" I leant against the desk wondering. "How the fuck do you think? Carmela told me, even showed me a picture of you. We are best friends after all." she spat through her teeth. "So you know everything about her?" I continued. "Of course I do." I nodded. "What's her relationship with her grandfather?" I'd not actually got around to asking Carmela before I pushed her away. Amy's demeanour changed at the mention of Carmela's grandfather. Clearly their relationship wasn't good. "I'm not talking to you about it, it's not my place." my anger flared at her reluctance to answer me.

"Timo, here now." I roared into my phone. Minutes later Timo came through the door, "Take her to a room and lock her in, tell Melanie she is to only see to her needs and put a guard on the door." I instructed. "You can't keep me prisoner here." Amy shouted at me. "I just did." Once I was alone again, I pulled out my phone and rang Carmela's number, come on baby please answer the phone. No answer. I sighed heavily, come back to me My Rose, I'm sorry and I love you. 

**********

Madre – Mother

Figlio – Son