Chapter 15

I'm Sorry

Sage fell to the ground and I held her in my arms.

"We have to get her to a hospital Tobias".

"She came in here and disrupted our household. She's fine she will get back up".

"I get that your mad at her but she's still your daughter and I said we need to get her the hospital. So get your ass over here and pick her up and put her in the car".

I got up and I went and grabbed my keys off the kitchen counter. I can't believe what just happened between Him and Sage. I can't believe he took it there. When we arrived at the hospital I rushed in to tell the nurses at the front desk. I needed help asap. Tobias carries Sage in.

"Briefly Tell me what happened ma'am".

"Her name is Sage Whale. She's twenty one years old. Her birthday is August twenty-third. She was fine and then she started screaming in pain and she passed out".

"I need a cat scan and X-ray stat and blood work. We will take good care of her. The doctor will come see you with results".

Tobias held me close as they rolled our daughter away. I just cried on his shoulder. I don't know what I would do without my baby.

"Giselle she's going to be fine. She's a Whale Okay we are strong".

"You better hope she pulls through. I can't believe you".

"I may have taken it a bit to far. I do apologize but we made a deal. When ever I need her she's has to come".

"Forget the stupid deal our daughter is in there and we don't even know what wrong with her".

"Elle shes going to be fine. Come on come sit down".

We walked over and sat in some chairs. The time keep going by slowly. Tobias has people calling him none stop. Sable walked in the waiting room and I walked up to her and gave her a hug.

"How is she?".

"I don't know it's been three hours".

"What happened? What could have caused this?".

"I don't know sweetie. She just screamed in pain and passed out and that's all I know".

A man walked up to us in a white coat.

"Sage Whales Family..".

"Yes?".

"Sage is doing fine. She's pulling through very well. She had an infection that was caused by a miscarriage. Now Sages blood test came back abnormal. How can I explain this...it's like when your on birth control pills and it makes your body a hostile environment to have a baby. Well basically that's what Sages body did and her body rejected the fetus".

"What are you saying exactly?".

"She had a miscarriage and she will not be able to have kids in the future. Her average is about a two percent out of one hundred. I am sorry I will gladly be able to break the news to her when she wakes up".

"No I'm her mother I will tell her thank you for everything".

"It's not a problem".

We all walked back to her room. I walked in and she was just laying there peacefully. Not knowing what just happened to her. My sweet baby girl. She's the absolute love of my life. I traced her arm with my fingers.

"I can't see her like this".

Tobias said and I looked at him as he quickly wiped his face.

"Dad she's fine"Sable said.