Chapter 2

I was suddenly snapped out of the memory when my IPhone bleeped. As if she knew I was thinking of her, it was a text from Tabitha:

"Hey what up b*tch?!" Sometimes I really hated it when Tabitha wrote bad words in her texts, especially when she called me that. But, that was Tabitha for you. I immediately texted back:

"nothin. U?"

"woulnt u like to no ;)"   I could just picture Tabitha's face when she sent that text. Probably a mysterious smile as if she knew something I didn't. I was about to answer her when my parents came into the room. They both looked extremely uncomfortable and kept shooting glances at each other. I shut my phone off and looked at them expectantly. My father, a man with sandy hair and bright blue eyes, was holding an envelope. Unlike my father, I had wavy reddish-brown hair, which I was curling around my finger, and hazel eyes. My mother was first to speak.

"Honey, do you know anyone named J.T.?" My eyes squinted in confusion as I tried to think of all my new friends Tabitha introduced to me.

"Nope," My mom seemed to wilt. I asked, "Mom, dad, is something wrong?" My father slowly folded the envelope and stuffed it in his pocket, as if I couldn't see what he was doing.

"Everything's fine." he answered gruffly. Then they scurried out of the room. I narrowed my eyes. I was going to get to the bottom of this.