Chapter 1

I exited my car and smiled as the cool wind blew against my face. I was excited for the semester. I wasn't in love with school, just enjoyed learning. I cross the parking lot and heading towards the front doors when I saw a motorcycle parked out front. "Huh, they allow that?" I mumbled quietly to myself.

I attend The Academy of Well Rounded and Highly Educated Individuals. Is one of the top rated schools in New York with only the elite being able to attend. You have to have a 3.8 GPA and be able to afford the cost to attend. They require a uniform and we are expected to maintain an "appropriate" appearance at all times on campus. So I'm surprised someone is allowed to drive one

I've been attending since I was 4 so this was my second home. I've fallen in love with this place, which only adds to my excitement of the semester. I entered the building and headed towards the commons area. It's a huge area where students gather. There are a few couches here and there and a couple vending machines filled with water bottles and heathy snacks from bananas to granola bars.

I walked around looking for my friends. Rue stood up, getting ready to leave until she saw me approaching. "Yasmin, I thought you already went to class." Jun and Dani turned towards me, almost surprised to see me.

"I was going to but I've missed you over the break and had to see you guys before then."

Jun smiled. "Well you're just in time. I was just about to tell them about my trip to Switzerland but then someone here rudely got up." He turned towards Rue and smiled.

"Nobody's gonna believe your lies. Last year you went to, what was it and almost got married."

"It was Pakistan and it's true! Just because you're life isn't filled with as much excitement as mine, doesn't mean mine is a lie."

Dani giggled and gave him a peck on the check. "Let's continue this debate at lunch. It's about that time."

Jun stood up and nodded, grabbing Dani's hand as he stood up. "I'll see y'all later." They headed towards the West Wing of the campus. I turn towards Rue and smiled.

"I'll see you later." I said as a headed towards the East Wing and her the North Wing. "Yeah, see ya."

I walked down the hallway making several turns before arriving at Dr. Hiled's classroom. As I entered I noticed a girl sitting in my seat. We didn't have assigned seats so it wasn't my seat but it was my seat. I sighed as I walked towards the seat behind her. As I passed her she looked up at me, her chocolate eyes almost smiling at my blue ones. I sat down and tired not to think about it.

A few minutes passed by and Dr. Hiled entered the classroom. "Welcome back students. I'm hoping each of y'all enjoyed your break and are prepared to learn. I'm going to take roll, give the morning announcements and begin with the lessons." Has the ran down the list, calling out students names, he stopped mid-way. "Ms. Aidan Nelson. Welcome to our Academy. I'm hoping that you find your fancy and enjoy the rest of your senior year here"

Aidan. The name of the girl in front of me. Aidan. The name of a Sun God, meaning Fiery. Aidan. The name rolls of the tongue nicely. It fits her. The chocolate eyes, ones that anyone can get lost in. Her dark brown hair, I want to run my fingers through, over and over again until-

"Ms.Yasmin Tin. If I have to call your name again I'm going to have to send you to the disciplinary team and have them deal with you."

"I'm sorry Dr. Hield! It won't happen again".

"It better not. I expect more from you." He continued on with the role and I buried my head in my notebook. "Why was I think about her? I've only seen her today. It's only a name. She only a person." I repeated this over and over, trying to convince myself of this information.

"Class, as you know in a few short weeks, class positions will be determined and of course our Valedictorian will be decided." That's all I wanted. Valedictorian. It's been my dream since I was little. My mom was one. My dad was one. My grandma was her's for her class. Even my great grandmother was one. I just had to get it. With my 4.3 GPA, I was in a close running for the position.

"Now I'm hoping everyone picked up their copy of The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver as next week I want a full report over the book and I expect you to prepare a presentation around this question, how does the book relate to you? Think about the plot and words. What speaks to you? How does this book attach to you and your life? You should be answering these questions with every book you read. Every book should relate to you. If it's a character or a single phase, something in the book should connect with you."

I took down quick notes over the assignment. I've forgotten to get the book last week so I'm going to have to pick it up at lunch. After an hour of Dr. Hield going on about how flowers represent death not love, we were finally dismissed. I start packing up my bag when I feel eyes staring at me. I look up and meet Aidan's gaze. "Pretty." I mumbled softly through my lips.

She busted into laughter and smiled. "Why thank you." She said.

Her voice was angelic. She left my lingering on ever syllable that she said. She seemed like an angel sent from heaven, no she was. "You space out a lot." I realized I've been starting and try to laugh it off and smile.

"Y-yeah, I do. I'm Yasmin by the way" I hold my hand and greet her.

"Aidan." She responded. "Are those uniforms required?" She said pointing out my uniform.

We're required to wear a uniform. The girls must wear the school skirt with a white button up and a bow. Only the school sweater, blazer or vest are allowed to be worn over and only skin tone tights and socks are allowed. "Yeah, it's not that bad though. I mean it kinda sucks during the winter but it's pretty fine the rest of the year."

She smiled at my statement. She actually smiled. Aidan, this goddess from god knows where smiles at me. I felt my heart skip a beat as she did.

"Wow you really do space out a lot." Aidan says, waving her hand in front of my face, trying to get my attention.

I laughed it off, trying not to be embarrassed. "I'm so sorry. What was you saying?" I look at her, trying to pay attention.

"I was saying, isn't it time for our next period?" I pull out my phone checking the time. It's 10:17, class starts at 10:20. My class is on the other side of the school. I throw my bag over my shoulder and look at her.

" I'm so sorry!" I yell as I'm heading for the door. "I'll see you again tomorrow. Goodbye Aidan!" I hurry down the hallway trying to get to class before the door closes. You see, I've never been late before. I will ruin me if I'm late this one time. I hurry down the stairs as the West Wing is to the west but underground.

I hurry past the other students and quickly slide into Mrs. Graves. "I see you made it on time Miss Tin, don't let it happen again." I nod in agreement as I head to my seat and pull out my notebook. Pull out my notebook. Pull out- where's my notebook?

Did I drop it somewhere? Or maybe I never had it, no I definitely had it. I started packing up and shit. I left it in Dr. Hield class. I got distracted and now I don't have my notebook. I lay my head against the table as I wonder what I'm going to do.

Mrs. Graves looks at the door as there is a knocking at the door. "I'm glad you found us. Try not to be late next class Miss Nelson. Take a seat next to Miss Tin."

I fell a tap on my shoulder while I worry about my grades. I look up and see a goddess, my goddess, Aidan. "You left this." She hands me my notebook.

"Thank you." She takes a seat next to me

My face heats up as I watch her take her seat. She's in this class too? Just how many more? Will I see her all day?  So many questions ran through my head has I wondered about her, but one thing I knew for certain, Aidan was a goddess in my eyes and I was becoming addicted to her.