Someone New

Crickets. Afternoons are full of crickets.

The mundanity of Adriana's life is taking a toll on her. She would think that she would be immune to it by now, but after reading the last sentence of the book she picked up just yesterday, she swears that boredom would be the end of her.

Even death is much more desirable than this.

She pulled her legs up the couch and leaned back comfortably. Nobody was there to tell her how unladylike she looked at the moment.

As she stared at the black screen of the television, she reminisced her teenage years and started comparing it to now. But really, it wasn't like she had a lot to compare for she had only been with one man ever since 8th grade.

Her eyes drifted to the frames nailed to the wall, particularly to a picture of her and Branwen. His then boy friend had his arms around her and lips on her cheeks. The Adriana in the picture was grinning ear to ear. She remembered it clearly. It was the day she said yes to the guy after he courted her for a month. It was too perfect, just like the picture.

Actually, their relationship was indeed perfect. Her parents loved him, he made nothing to make Adriana jealous, he was caring, basically everything a girl wants. Adriana was genuinely happy and contented with Branwen. She and everyone knew they were it.

The first signs of dissatisfaction made its appearance after she turned down job offerings to stay at home, like what everybody expected. She was the girl who followed the rules, so even then, she didn't put up a fight and just went with the flow. But the thing is, the flow of water in the river eventually leads to a falls. And when you reach the end of the river, it's too late to back out, you're going to fall.

It was too late when Adriana realized this, so she fell into the deep monotony of being a house wife. Nevertheless, she embraced it and made drowning tolerable. Within the first year of her marriage, she was already used to the silence and loneliness the afternoon brings.

But why is this day especially dreadful?

Am I going to live the rest of my life like this? Am I going to die wishing to fast forward the moment when my whole life is supposed to flash before me because I can't take how boring it is?

Go take this the wrong way

You knew who I was with every step that I ran to you

Only blue or black days

Electing strange perfections is in any stranger I choose

Would things be easier if there was a right way

Honey, there is no right way

With a heavy huff, Adriana decided to start with the daily chores. She grabbed the broom and started sweeping the floor, wishing she can sweep the boredom out of the house as well.

And so I fall in love just a little ol' little bit

Every day with someone new

I fall in love just a little ol' little bit

Every day with someone new

I fall in love just a little ol' little bit

Every day with someone new

I fall in love just a little ol' little bit

Every day with someone new