From Eden

"Doesn't it hurt? Playing with fire?" The woman asks, watching her friend pass her finger through the candle flame.

Danielle shrugs without taking her eyes from the flame. "Depends how long you play with it. And your pain tolerance, of course." She smiles at the flickering source of light. Something about it intrigues her.

Caroline, her best friend, sighed. "I still don't get why you're trying to burn your finger."

Dani finally diverts her attention to her friend. "It reminds me that I'm still alive."

"It reminds me that you're an idiot." Caroline rolls her eyes, smiling fondly at the other girl while the latter only laughs.

The two have known each other since freshman year of college, sealing their friendship when they were wrongfully accused of cheating during one of their exams. They were seated right next to each other and got the same score: 99, and the same item wrong. It was purely coincidental. From then on, they've stuck with each other through failed exams and hangovers on Friday Mornings to graduation and job hunting.

"Oh crap. I have to go." Dani slightly panicked when the wall clock showed that she have 20 minutes left before her meeting with the engineer for her second Residential Project of the year. The first one is nearly done when her company mentioned a client and asked her if she wanted to take it up. Dani, who loves to keep herself busy, didn't hesitate for a second.

Now here she is, entering a cozy looking restaurant, looking around only to see a man waving his hands at her. Dani wondered how he knew how she looked, but shrugged it off, smiling as she stopped in front of the table. She extended her arm for a hand shake. "It's good to meet you Engineer Perrin. I'm Danielle Waldorf." Dani gripped the man's hand firmly. Engineer Perrin's eyes turned into crescents when he smiled. "Same here. And please, just call me Branwen."

"I like it when a guy has a feminine name."

"See, I told you." With a soft chuckle, a woman sitting on the side of the booth made her presence known. Her voice was laced with playfulness that pulled Dani in instantly.

The latter snapped her head on the direction of the woman, and when her sight lands on the hazel-eyed beauty, Dani swore the buzzing restaurant suddenly came to a stop.

Honey you're familiar like my mirror years ago

Idealism sits prison, chivalry fell on it's sword

Innocence died screaming, honey ask me I should know

I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door

Danielle felt like she was staring at the fire, not just the flame in the candle, but a goddamn wildfire. Her hand itches with the desire to touch the smooth milky skin, curious to whether it will burn her. Her eyes moved up from the woman's arms to her lips and stops there. Her lips were red apple, plump and captivating.

If this is what Eve saw in the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, then I can't really judge her for eating it.

She wanted to take a bite, to have a taste. Not even God can stop her from attempting to grab it.

Dani gulped, for something forbidden and sinful is so tempting. Just one bite, just one taste to quench her curiosity. She didn't need no serpent to convince her to commit such act. She is the devil after all. A devil about to woo someone pure and innocent.

"Wha--Feminine? It's anything but!"

"Branwen is Llŷr's daughter." "Llŷr's daughter." The two women said at the same time, laughing when they caught each other's eyes.