Chapter One: Little Ol' Me Off To Paris

Chapter One: Little Ol' Me, Off To Paris

I pulled the curtains on my windows back and let the warm sunlight hit my face as I soaked in the peace that engulfed me with the cool morning breeze. The wind felt welcoming like a nice warm hug. This is my favorite time of the day where it seems like all of the world is quiet. The calm before the storm is the perfect way to put it. I had been dreaming of this day for the past three years, the day that I could go on a trip without my parents' supervision and it is finally here. After years of convincing and saving up money on our own, my sister and I are finally allowed to leave on our own. I know that this may sound silly to others but for me, it is kind of like a rite of passage. I need to vlog, oh shoot I completely forgot. Where is that dang camera that I can never find? I started rummaging through my suitcase in pursuit of it.

"Here it is," I said to myself as I picked it up and tried to turn it on. "Is this thing on?" I rapidly click on the camera.

Great, I just got this camera a few months ago and it's already giving me issues. That's the last time I buy something off of an ad on Instagram. "Hey guys, welcome to another vlog! Today, as you can see I am in the middle of getting ready to go to the airport. Can you guys guess where I'm heading off to? Let me give you all a hint." I grabbed my beret and put it on. "Oui, oui. It's little ol' me, off to Paris..." I continued to vlog for a couple more minutes until I had to finish packing.

"Kam! Hurry up, Baba is waiting." My older sister Iman screamed from the bottom of the steps.

"Coming!" I finished up grabbing the last of my suitcases and headed downstairs.

Waiting for me were my parents and two sisters as well as a few of our staff.

"Ms. Ali let me take that for you." Safia, our head maid stated as she went to grab the suitcase out of my hands.

"Thank you, Safia," I thanked her with a smile.

Alhamdulilah, my family has always had money but my parents instilled in me and my sister to always work hard and know the value of a dollar. That's why the only way for us to go was to make the money on our own, that way it'll be more satisfying after we achieve our goal.

"Are my girls ready?" Baba asked as he enveloped both Iman and me in a bone-crushing hug.

"Yes, Dad. We will be if you...let...us breathe." Iman stated as she patted Baba's back. He then realized how tight he was hugging us and quickly let go.

"Sorry, I guess sometimes I don't know my strength." He let out a chuckle.

"We love you, Baba," I said as I pecked his cheek. What can I say? I'm a total daddy's girl, always have been.

"Yes, so don't miss us too much," Iman added.

"I love you guys too, and I'll try," Baba responded.

"My turn," Mama said as she gave us both a hug as well. "Be careful you guys and don't forget to call us when you land, In Shaa Allah." She added in an emotional tone.