Chapter Two: Sightseeing, Adventures and Danger

Chapter Two: Sightseeing, Adventures, and Danger

"Wake up! Wake up on a Saturday night! Could be New York, maybe Hollywood and Vine? London, Paris, maybe Tokyo? There's something going on anywhere I go tonight!" My sister started singing, making me jolt out of bed. Ugh, I can't even be mad about this. I mean who doesn't love Hilary Duff? If you don't then I'm sorry, we can't be friends.

"Mani, it's..." I looked at the time. "Eight A.M! Why are you trying to give me a heart attack this early in the morning?" I groaned as I started to get out of the comfortable bed that I was sleeping on before she so rudely woke me.

"Come on, we're going to go get breakfast then go sightseeing with Amirah. You can sleep later on." She then proceeded to drag me out of bed. I reluctantly got out of bed and headed towards the bathroom. After freshening up, I then started to get dressed for the day. I ended up choosing to wear a long beige dress that ties in the middle along with a pink cashmere hijab, beige heels, and a white clutch to tie the whole outfit together. I looked at myself in the mirror for a split second and then made my way to the kitchen where Amirah and Iman were eating breakfast. The moment I did, I noticed they had Wake Up by Hilary Duff blasted on the speakers. So that's why she came into my room singing that. I quickly grabbed my camera and started to record everything before joining them.

"Give me a dance floor! Give me a DJ, play me a record, forget what they say! Cause I need to go, need to get away tonight." We all sang in unison.

Amirah then came up to me and wrapped her arm around my shoulder and soon enough Iman joined in as well. "I put my makeup on a Saturday night. I try to make it happen, try to make it alright... Wake up, wake up on a Saturday night, could be New York, maybe Hollywood and Vine. London, Paris, maybe Tokyo. There's something going on everywhere I go tonight."

"If you're not jamming to Hilary Duff on a Saturday, then what are you doing?"I joked with a laugh.

"Welcome to Paris, day one. So what do we have on the agenda today?" Iman asked as she turned towards Amirah.

"Let's see, we're first going to grab some breakfast at one of my favorite cafe spots. Then, we're gonna do some shopping and hopefully, at night time we'll go see the Eiffel Tower cause that's when it looks the best." Amirah responded in an excited tone.

"Sounds promising, we'll see you guys later." I then covered the camera and turned it off.

"So, how is the whole YouTube thing going?" Amirah asked. I sat down on the kitchen Island and began eating some cookies that were sitting on the counter.

"Alhamdulillah it's going well. I only upload every other week and it's a good hobby." I replied truthfully. I started making videos on YouTube when I was fifteen and ever since then it's become a big part of my life. I just started vlogging a couple of weeks ago and my audience seems to love it. I also love showing a different side of myself to them as well, not just the makeup guru side, not that I even consider myself one. But if I were to fall under any category I guess it would be that.