Chapter 4

Two weeks later....

When morning came I got up, ate quickly and took a shower. I dressed on comfortable jeans, a t-shirt, combat boots, and my leather jacket. I tied my hair into a tight ponytail where it would be out of my face and it wouldn't fall down.

I went in the next room, which was my weapons room, and strapped a holster and gun to my hip and a bow and some arrows on my back. Then I picked up my favorite machete and checked outside to make sure it was clear before I went out.

Today I was going to see where they are or what they are doing. I had not seen or heard one of them since the day I was almost attacked. I haven't decided if that was a good or a bad thing.

I opened the door and stuck my head out just to double check myself. I walked into the porch and closed the door behind me. I decide to go left first. I was only going to go in areas close to me in case I needed to run back.

As I walked I listened for the unearthly noises the monsters make, but I only heard the wind and my own foot steps. I had walked a few blocks of the ghost town when I decided to turn left again. I was turning the corner, but before I didn't something stopped me.

There they were. Some were standing outside what was once a mall, and I could see some through the windows. So this is where they stay at. I stayed watching but nothing happened.

Then down the street I saw figures running. I didn't move yet, something told me not to. When they got closer I could see that they were people. I felt relief and excitement at the same time, being that the last time I saw people was when I came back to Chicago. I waved towards them and one in the front waved back. Then I saw what they were running from. Great more monsters. When they were basically right in front of me I yelled out to them and ran alongside them.

"Hey what's your name?" said the guy I ran next to. He had a deep soothing voice.

"Gwen, yours?"

"Mason. Uh, where exactly are you taking us?" I looked behind me I see four other running too.

"I have a safe place where they can't get us." He nodded in reply.

A minute later we turned up my street and I pointed to my house. We ran up to the front door and I opened and let everyone in. I closed to door behind me after everyone was inside. Everyone was breathing hard from our run. Then I noticed him, the guy I had been talking to.

He was very tall and muscular. Green orbs and a lopsided smile was on his face. His hair was a blonde color and it was long and fell in his face. He was absolutely stunning. He looked over towards me and I looked down and the floor quickly, hoping he hadn't seen me staring. It was hard not to.

Silence and hard breathing had been the only thing I've heard for minutes, so I decided to break the ice. "Okay so who are you, and what are you doing in Chicago?"

----------------------------------------------

Hope everyone likes it and do I smell a love story starting?? Lol

Two updates in one day I feel accomplished!!

Peace out my homies✌️

- katelyn