Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the End

Percy's PoV

     They took them. They took my goddess. They took my friends. They took my spirit. And now I'm hanging with them in a stable.
    My life keeps seeming to take a turn for the worse lately, but oh well. At least the food is good.
    I stand in the stables with Ancient, exchanging gossip on Bloodshed and Herald. That was the weirdest sentence I've ever— okay, whatever.
   "You remember when Blood came out with Herald's cloak on?" He said. I snickered and finished roping up my steed, No Name. Okay, okay, I get it, my horse should have a name, but I'm not the most creative person in the world alright?
We move from the stables to the lounge area, and sitting there is Leo. "Hey, Blaze." I high five him, sitting next to him on the couch. Life had been tough the last year, but at least he got a badass name. I got a dumb name. I mean, who wants to be an interplanetary assassin and be called Theo? Whatever, all I ever do anyways is laugh at Leo for thinking his communication device would work.
"Yo." He was fiddling with a circuit board, when suddenly sparks and smoke sputtered from the metal form of his 'communication device.'
   "Sometimes it's boring to be right all of the time." I sigh, stretching my arms out around me.
"Yeah, and I bet it's boring to have no hope all of the time as well." He shoots back. I feign hurt, putting my hand on my chest. I keep trying to convince him, but he doesn't listen to logic and reason. Come to think of it, I haven't either, so I can't really shame him.
A klaxon sounds from the corner and I jump up, holding my hand out to Leo. He slaps it away and flies past me, over to Khaos' chamber. I sigh, walking towards our grizzly fate. Hah, just kidding, we already died inside.
   We walked through the massive door, our cloaks swishing behind us as we did so. Khaos we sitting on her massive throne of gold and silver, her massive form imposing and intimidating. Ancient, Bloodshed, and Herald kneeled before her and me and Leo just kind of... awkwardly stood. She laughed at our behavior, the other three nervously following suit. Once we had kneeled, she gave the declaration of doom.
   "Hello, Angels. How are you? Good? Good. I have a sort of... assignment, shall we say, for you." We nodded slightly, our curiosity piqued. "Order has gotten restless and has enslaved the indigenous population of Earth. At least, the ones that were blind to the Mist. Anyways, I need you, my little angels, to protect the campers of Camp Jupiter and Half-Blood, respectively." She nodded at me and Leo for Half-Blood, and the other three for Camp Jupiter.
   "It will be done, my lady." Ancient bows his head, hopping up with the cavalry to go to camp. He nodded to us on their departure, Herald sticking his tongue out at us. Y'know, for beings who have lived millennia, they're really immature. I gesture to the door, and Leo goes right ahead, flying away. This is going to be a long day.
   As we make it to Earth, riding our amazing steeds, I notice that it's become winter in the northern hemisphere. Oh joy, I'm going to have to explain to Artemis why I left and why I'm there... shit, can I just turn around? We split from the other three and descend above the east coast of the US, putting barriers around ourselves so we don't... y'know, die.
   We land outside the sign that we all know and hate, the gate of Camp Half-Blood. We hop off of our skeletal horses, flipping our hoods up as soon as we see campers coming up the hill. Many of them wielded crossbows and swords, daggers and longbows. At the head, though, was everyone's favorite cheating ex, Annabeth Chase.
   "Who the hell are you?" She asks, holding her dagger to my throat. She digs it in when I don't answer immediately, and I laugh. I pull off my hood as an answer, making gasps and murmurs ruffle through the crowd.
   "Hey, Anna. Long time no see."

Hey everyone! Ace here, as I hope you know. I hope you enjoyed this mildly short chapter to kick off the sequel! I worked hard on it, so I hope you'll drop a vote and maybe a follow while your here! Anyways, new chapter coming soon, (Maybe) and gooooooodbye!