Chapter 2 - Getting Acquainted

Artemis' PoV

I'm walking back to camp, a bag of fish in hand, when I hear an uproar from the gate of the camp. I hand the bag to Atlanta, a new hunter, and I quickly make my way to the gate. As I push right through the crowd, I see two cloaked men in front of a skeleton horse. One man takes off his hood, and standing in front of me is the one and only Perseus Jackson. I drop my bow and quiver, leaping over the crowd as I do so. Percy only has a millisecond to gasp before I knock him to the ground.
"You idiot! Why didn't you come back sooner?!" I pound on his chest and shoulders, screaming out things I now don't remember. Percy wraps his arms around me as I sob, whispering 'It'll be okay,' and 'I'm sorry, it won't happen again.'
"Idiots. Get out of my camp!" A boy screams from behind me. I turn and see good ol' Oliver with a bandage covering his eye and his arms crossed. Percy stands with me in his arms, drawing up to about two feet taller than Oliver.
"I've been sent here by the creator of the universe to protect your sorry asses, so if I were you I'd shut up, sit, and never speak to me like that again. Unless you want that fantastic bronze sword of yours to turn crimson?" Percy states, scaring everyone including myself. Oliver shakes his head and runs away, Riptide falling behind him. Percy stalks through the crowd, the people parting for him like he was Moses crossing the Red Sea.
"Shame. Beautiful sword, flimsy master." He proceeds to snap the blade in half like a toothpick, the sword quickly turning into pen form. He picks up the broken pieces of plastic, tucking them into his cloak. "Or maybe just a flimsy sword." He takes my hand and we walk away, towards the forest. In the background I can just make out Valdez cheering and wolf whistling. What a guy.

Percy's PoV

   I lead her into a clearing in the woods, where I had created a special cabin for me and Leo before we landed. I lead her inside, the striking marble interior catching her eye immediately. The foyer was grand, having chandeliers and massive staircases that continued on to the rest of the cabin. To the left of the foyer was the kitchen, a modern marble masterpiece, and to the right was a living area. As we continued up the stairs, Artemis was amazed by the intricate patters and art that served as decor for the walls of this pseudo-palace.
We made it to the second story, finding two large black doors, one with a 'P' engraved on it and one with a 'L.' We looked past our rooms and there was a meeting room, adjacent to the door of the balcony. On the opposite side of that was a training room with a massive glass sliding door. I waved, gesturing to the entire cabin, and said "So? Whaddya think?" I smirked as I watched her dumbfounded face.
     "It's... extravagant?" She says questioningly. I laugh and bring her to my room.
     Inside is a sort of living area, with a TV and a few places to sit. There is a ladder leading up to a loft that housed both my bed and a small dresser with extra cloaks. Hey, what can I say? I'm a fashionable assassin. I see Artemis smile, and that's when I make the mistake of speaking. "What are you thinking?"
    She smirked and gave a grim-sounding laugh. Weird lady, I will admit. She plops down on a recliner I have off to the side, and I sit in a small couch across from her. "What is it?" I ask.
   "There is something that I haven't really explained... something that I told you before you were taken." She looked down and began to fiddle with her hands. Only then did it dawn on me.
   "Perseus... you're a father."
   The one line that would tear my world in half.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey everyone! How's it going? Good? Whatever, let's get back to what's important. I have a small tiny question that may singlehandedly change the entire plot of this book.

What's your opinion on what gender their kid should be?

Answer in the comments, please. I have a huge plans for either gender, and an even bigger plan if you guys want it to be a non-binary kid.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>