Strange

People found me strange...in fact I found myself strange. Everything I did was just so peculiar.
I saw darkness in the light, tranquility amongst the shrill noises and solitude in the swarming crowds.
Life...
Felt like it had etched miracles into thin air...
Scribbled phenomenon's on loose pieces of parchment that were rolled into old beer bottles, and pushed with the endless waves.
Just waiting that someday ill come and find it.
Time...
I always ask myself about the saying "time is money". For every sleepless night I spend, writing out my bewildered thoughts, with not a single penny to fill my empty pockets.
Does my life really depend on the relentless ticks of my small clock awakening me to hurry?
Love...
And all these hours I've waited for the desired affection to reach me, or if not for me to be able to spread it to others. Those cold winter nights I've spent alone, perched on a couch with only the light of the fireplace.
I didn't even know what love meant... whether it was difficult or perhaps easy. Whether seeing someone looking intently at you was an obnoxious feeling or if it felt like a blanket of protection had just held you tight. Putting trust into someone else's hands and openly being yourself.
Dreams...
People always told me "to dream big". How big? Where could my imagination take me...was there a limit? I felt like my dreams could only be written in hard bound diaries and be locked away.
It's not like I couldn't achieve my dreams, but each one just needed a miracle, some time and a touch of love. All of which I still hadn't understood how to achieve myself.
And for the time being I was confused..." that strange girl" as people including my self had called me and still do, though in the future my dream is for that to change...

By shama deshpande 25/5/2019