Eavesdrop

Chapter 14

       Me and Lorene arrived at school. Someone was talking all about me, Carl, and Lukas. Mika Jankowski walk to our direction.

       "So... You, Carl, and Lukas were having a date? Is it true?" she said, smiling with a fake smile.

      Mika Jankowski, is one of the hot girls in school. She always wears short skirts, she also had a bag, that only a phone can keep in. She had her sidekicks named Andy Creek, Nancy Kami, and Margo Rai.

     "It's not a date, Mika. We're just having a dinner. So will you please let us get through?" I said, raising one of my eyebrows.

     She rolled her eyes and walked away.

                              * * *

When the class end, I was walking all alone to the school farm. I was about to sit down and started to draw, when I hear a crack. I stood up quickly. I followed that noise. I saw a guy and a girl. They both turned. It's Emma and Lukas.

      Emma is one of my classmate. She was Joy Krantz ex girlfriend. She's also one of the hot girls. But she's not that mean like Mika and her sidekicks.

       I wonder why are they here. Maybe their here for a private talk. Whatever it is,  I was going about to eavesdrop.

       I see their both faces gets close together. And now, they were kissing. Emma put her both hands in Lukas side face. They both their closed their eyes. I hide myself and sneak out. I looked away to proper the way I hide.

*whoooosssshhh!!!*

       I heard a weird noise. I sneak them again. Lukas had....... had..... a.... wi-- wings! I saw Emma opened her eyes, and tried to scream. But Lukas had covered Emma's mouth, and then he cracked Emma's neck. I saw Emma lying down. I covered my mouth with my both hands. I want to scream, but not now. I was in a great danger. My eyes were watery. My body were trembling.

.....crack!....

    Oh shit! I stoop at the branch! Now I'm dead! I know he heard that.

    I hid myself, trying to get close to Emma, to help her. I sneak again. Lukas was gone. I ran as fast as I could to Emma.

    "Emma... Emma... Come on!" I tried to shake her, and I check her pulse. But no pulse at all. Emma's dead.

     "So... You saw everything."

   I recognized that voice. I turned and gasp. It's Lukas Lawson Heartnet. His eyes were still huge, he had white wings. I feel the tears running down my face.

   He come closer. I stepped backward. He put his both hands at the side of my face. He wiped my tears.

   "Don't worry. I won't kill you." he said.

   I looked at him. His face get's closer to mine, I ran as fast as I could. I looked back. He's gone. I still keep on running, even tho I'm tired.

   I saw the high school building. I quickly get inside at our classroom.

    "Eliza! What happen?!" Carl asked who looked shocked.

   I shook my head. My eyes was watery. Then he hug me. There's no other person, aside from the two of us. He run his hand through my hair.

  "Shhhhh.... Shhh... It's fine... It's fine.."

   I keep on sobbing. It's not fine. He let go. He put his both hands at the side of my face and wiped my tears.

   "I drive you home, and tell me what happen, okay?" were having an eye contact now. He's eyes were back to normal, it's not huge anymore.

   "Okay." I nodded.

                              * * * 

     We dropped off at my house. Yumi walked to our direction.

    "Eliza!" she smiled.

   "Hey Yumi."

   Yumi looked at Carl. Yumi held her hand to Carl, to have a shake hand. Yumi saw Carl's ring. Her smile dissappear.

   "Are you Eliza's boyfriend?" Yumi asked. I could see her face with a fake smile.

   "Yumi!" I said. Feelin' embarrass.

   "No Ma'am. Were just friends." he said. Smiling.

  "Oh... Come in, come in." -Yumi

   Me, and Carl were going upstairs, while Yumi was in the kitchen preparing for Carl's snack.

*Room*

   He was sitting on the sofa, and I was sitting on my bed.

   "Tell me what happen." He said.

   "What kind of creatures is he?!" I raised my voice, and I crossed my forehead.

   "Eliza, it's not what you think."

   "What do you mean he's not? He's a monster Carl. You're cousin is a monster, he had white wings, and I saw it with my own eyes." I argue.

   "Okay... okay... Calm down." he said, he put his both hands on my shoulder.

   "He killed Emma." I said, with a sobbing voice.

  "He did?"

i nodded.

   "He cracked Emma's neck. They were just kissing, and he suddenly killed Emma. I don't know what's into him."

   "I'll talk to him later." he said.

  "What kind of creatures is he?"

"I'm sorry..."

  "What do you mean I'm sorry?" I asked.

  "I'm sorry. It's not the right time to tell you." he said, looking down at his ring, while he twisted it.

  "What?"

  "Just trust me, okay?"

   I don't think I can trust him. Maybe I just pretend that I trust him.

  "Okay..." I'd lie.

  "Thanks..." he smiled.

   I feel guilty. I think he thinks that I trust him. Even tho is a lie.

  "Carl.."

  "Yeah?"

  "Can I asked you something?" I asked.

   "Sure." he said.

  "Where did you get that ring?" I wanted to know where he'd get that. It's because it's so identical, like mine, also to Lukas.

  "From my family." he answered.

  "Oh... If you saw someone wearing the same ring like yours, even tho that person is not you relatives. What can you say about it?" Great... Now I'm asking like a reporter. Right? I'm just very curious about the ring.

  "Then... Maybe he/she is one of us." he answered.

  What did he say? One of them? What was that mean?

   "What do you mean, one of yours?" I asked.

  "What time is it?" he asked.

  He tried to avoid my question.

  "It's 5:45 pm." I answered.

  "Okay... Uhmmmm... Eliza, I better gotta go. Got a lot work to do." he said.

   And then, he leave. I heard him saying goodbye at Yumi, I looked at my window, I saw him, and his Ford car. He waved his hand and smile.

Authors Note: Comment guys if you want to continue this story...