The Strange Guy

Chapter 1

    I sat up with a jerk, trying to catch my breath.

     "Eliza! Wake up! I won't have you bein' late again." I could hear Yumi's voice calling from downstairs.

      It must be raining. It must be morning. I must be in my room. My earphones were still around my neck, and when I glance down at my iPod,  I saw my favorite song.

    Your Guardian Angel

I click on it.

     I will never let you fall

     I'll stand up for you forever

      I'll be there for you through it all

    "Eliza Vangard! " I could hear Yumi calling up over the music.

     I switched it off and sat up in bed, yanking back at the covers.

      I came downstairs to reassuring sameness of everything.

      "Good morning Eliza." as Yumi greeted me in the morning.

       I give her a stare, without saying Good morning too.

        Yumi slid the plate at fried eggs, bacon, and toast bread in front of me. Yumi was our housekeeper more like my sister, except she was smarter and more ornery than my real sister.

       I shoveled an egg and two pieces of bacon off my plate, feeling better already.

        I heard a honk from the street. Lorene. I grabbed my backpack and ran out the door into the rain. The weather had been weird for a few days now.

       Lorene's car, was in the street. I rode to school with Lorene everyday since kindergarten, when we became best friends after she gave me a half of her chocolate on the bus.

        For a second, the sound of the road and the rain and Lorene dissolved into silence, and it was like everything was moving in slow motion.

       I could hardly see a guy soaking wet, crossing across the street without looking at his sides. The cars were honking loudly. He's kinda strange. All I see clearly is that he had a ring from His finger, which same as mine...