Chapter III

But, before you could separate again to go home, suddenly the pulling feeling intensified. You swallowed hard, then your gaze met Mr. Smith's handsome eyes yet again as he began to lean forward slowly to kiss you. You suddenly blushed at seeing the man's face nearing your own, but you soon began to lean forward too. You moved your hands to his shoulders and he looped his arms around your waist. Once you were mere millimeters apart, Noah paused. "Thank you for giving me a chance, love." He whispered. And as his lips hovered over your own, he gently took a hold of your chin and continued leaning closer. Within milliseconds, your lips connected, locking you together in a kiss.

Instantly it felt like sparks were flying and you melted right into it as your face slowly turned a bright red. His grip on your waist tightened a bit as his soft lips were pressed against your own. You couldn't help but deepen the kiss as you leaned into it more, gently running a hand through his brown quiff.

The kiss intensified as it felt like glue was keeping you together. Suddenly, he gently bit your lower lip which made you gasp into the kiss in surprise. He took this opportunity to slide his tongue into your mouth, letting it explore. Your eyes opened for a split second, and the sight you saw made your heart flutter. He looks so happy and involved. But, you can't let him have it that easily, you let your tongue fight his for dominance as your eyes shut tightly again. But after a well matched battle, he won and gently dipped you romantically. You smiled into the kiss, but it soon had to be broken for you both to breathe, so, he steadied you on your feet before pulling away gingerly.

You huffed and puffed, blushing a wild red and you giggled gently at how he'd left you feeling so unsteady on your own feet. You played with your hair gently as you peered over at your handsome date. "Oh my..." You spoke in between pants. "That was quite something..." You panted. Noah rubbed the back of his neck, smiling nervously. "Sorry if I got a little carried away. Force of habit." He quickly apologized, but you soon crossed your arms, leaning on one hip. "Noah, there's no need to apologize. If I didn't want it, I would've gotten you to stop." You assured him.

He let out a sigh of relief, then fixes his tie, still clearly flustered. "Thank Heavens."

"You are... And pardon me if this comes off wrong, but you are the best kisser I've ever—well, kissed!" You exclaimed and he blushed a faint pink, chuckling. "Why, thank you. Though I will admit I have likely had a bit too much practice." He admitted bashfully. "Screw how you got practice. It paid off!" You remarked quite loudly and he laughed as he turned a bit more red, unsure of what to say to such an unfamiliar moment.

"Did I break you?" You questioned. He nodded, running a hand through his brown locks. "I believe so. That's new." He grinned and you sat on top of the trunk of his car. "Well, there's always room for new things in life, isn't there, Noah?" You gently swayed your legs back and forth and he chuckled. "Well, if there's one thing you've taught me thus far, it's that exactly."

His gray gaze is soft, yet still holds that icy fire that wants to drag you in. He's comfortable, his body language showing his relaxation. "I suppose I should be getting you home, huh?" He remarked. You sighed, letting a small frown form across your lips. "I suppose so, but that doesn't mean I want to."

You both fell silent, obviously trying your best to cheat the system and stay together for as long as possible. And, while you two were quiet, you were able to think. And thanks to that, you came up with a solution which made mischievous grin creep across your face.

"Ever heard of Maple Lane?" You asked and he cocked his head to the side. "Yeah, why?" He responded, curiosity brimming in his eyes. "It's actually the scenic route to my place... I was thinking-" You stopped when you saw a massive grin appear on Noah's face. He laughed and nodded happily. "You're a smart cookie, (Y\N). More time is just what we need tonight. And what's better than observing beautiful Japanese Maples in the process?" He remarked, his excitement clear as he reached his hand out for you.