Chapter 16- Wait, What's a Sports Festival and Do I Really Have to Join?

After the fiasco at lunch, to which I got yelled at by Aizawa, Vlad King, and Recovery Girl, plus the rest of the week going by slightly smoothly, I was finally able to use my quirks and heal my injuries. Today is the first day I am going to school without a cast or wheelchair, so to my disappointment, I missed several of my alarms.

By the time I made it to the classroom, most of my classmates were there and Izuku was chuckling at my disheveled look. I glare at him as I take my seat, making sure to kick his chair as I walked by. I plop down and groan before trying to fix my hair. "Umm...Y/N? Are you going to be okay? You kind of sound like you are dying," Sero asked as Kaminari and Kirishima stare in amusement.

"No. I was so tired from yesterday when I was healing myself that I missed all my alarms and couldn't fix my hair. So it's all tangled and ugh. I'm just ready to go home," I say as I lean back and place my head on his desk to stare at him.

Sero chuckles before moving my hair and attempts to brush it out as I close my eyes halfway and enjoy the feeling of someone else playing with my hair. Kaminari and Kirishima look over at Sero in a slightly jealous way before turning back and discussing the homework with each other. I place a lollipop on Sero's desk in payment which he accepts happily as he continues.  The bell rings and everyone but me sits up straighter as they wait for Aizawa to walk in. Sero was finishing up the last part of my hair as Aizawa walked in, who glanced over slightly confused.

"...anyway. Good morning. I see you all have been getting better at this. Now then. I get you all have had an official run-in with villains...but your fight isn't over yet," He says making everyone quiver in slight fear.

The pause alone was enough to make anyway become scared of more possible villains, but Aizawa spoke up and defused the ticking time bomb of what was to be all of our questions. "The U.A. Sports Festival is far approaching."

"THAT'S SO ORDINARY?!" practically everyone shouts out.

I look up in confusion as everyone discusses different things about it, but what stuck out was what Mineta said. "Are you sure we need this?! We just had a villain attack!"

Aizawa looked at him and sighed. "It's necessary to show how well U.A. handles crisis and how our protocols are sound. At least, that is the thinking. Compared to previous years, the police presence is going to increase by 5 times...anyway, this will be your greatest opportunity here at U.A. It isn't an event to be canceled due to a few villains."

"Are you sure? It's just a stupid sports festival," Mineta retorted back in a condescending manner, which made everyone shocked.

"Mineta, have you not seen the sports festival before?!" Izuku said shocked.

"No, I have. That's not what I meant though..."

I was so tempted to pipe up that I haven't and ask what the hell is going on, but Aizawa beat me to it. "Our sports festival is one of the biggest events in Japan! The Olympics were once the worlds sports festival. But now, it will be your time to shine and prove you want to be a hero."

"Plus, there will be heroes scouting us out as well," Momo added which just added to my confusion.

I timidly raise my hand and speak knowing that just raising it won't get me anywhere. "Hey, what's a sports festival? And do I have to participate in it??"

"WHAT?!?!" Half the class shouts at me while the other half look amazed in confusion.

"Y/N, how do you not know what it is? It's like Aizawa said, it's the biggest event in Japan. What are you, living under a rock??" Kaminari asked jokingly.