27

Tuesday 2 May 2017,

PAST GRAYSON'S DIARY

NARRATOR

Tapping her long painted nails on her table at the coffee shop waiting patiently for her soon to be best friends, it has always been her favorite thing making new friends and getting to know people better.

Elena who was isolated from her family and enjoying what she loved the most and it's making friends finally was out of her bird cage. She saw Madeline entering the café alone and she was confused for a second because Arabella was supposed to be with her but she shrugged the thought off, maybe something came up with her.

"It's so lovely to see you again." Madeline greeted her with a hug giving her a sweet smile before taking a seat in front of Elena.

"Where is Arabella, is everything okay with her?" Elena asked Madeline while gesturing for the waitress to come over with the menu.

"I don't know, we haven't talked in a while because she is acting strange. It's complicated." Madeline said with sorrow in her voice looking down.

"You didn't try to confront her about it? I mean maybe if you talk it will make a difference." Elena suggested mumbling a soft thank you to the waitress when she handed us our menus.

"I don't think that's a good idea especially with Arabella. Usually, when I feel my friends start to drift away or act strange or need a break maybe, all i do is give them their time and we end up talking again. I feel like, everyone deals with their own stuff privately and of course we all need our personal space sometimes." Madeline explained while starting to read what's on the menu for lunch to order.

She flipped the pages of the menu both of them analyzing the ingredients of each plate to decide from to order it.

"Can I get your orders now?" The waitress asked and Elena glaced at Madeline to know if she chose her order and Madeline nodded pointing at what she wanted.

"We would like a plate of scallops with potato pancakes and caviar sauce and another plate of chicken divan and two bottles of water." Elena finished the whole the waitress writing down their order then taking the menus from them.

"So, how is your pregnancy going?" Elena asked with a smile but it faded when Madeline sighed and chuckled a bit but she could tell something was wrong.

"Ummm, I had a miscarriage but I am fine now." Madeline said starting the sentence with sadness in her voice then assured Elena. "I am so sorry I didn't know about this." Elena said feeling guilty about starting this subject.

"It's okay, i am over it already Elena." Madeline paused trying to vocalise some words of a new topic to start. "You didn't tell about yours though."

"Oh yeah, it's a girl and her name is Hayley. She is only one year old." Elena told Madeline as she smiled in awe.

"And what about your husband, boyfriend?" Madeline asked curious.

"No, i am a single mother. I broke up with Hayley's dad because our relationship wasn't healthy at all so we decided to split." Elena said ger tone laced with nervousness hoping that was enough to convince Madeline. She didn't want to spill everything about her life that she wasn't proud of.