Chapter Two

Katy's P.O.V

   I dropped the last box on the floor of my new room and let out a sigh. I was really grateful that Mum had furnished the house ahead of time. She loved comfort and for everything to be in its place. All that we had to do was move in. We only had a few boxes to ship here which contained stuff like our cloths or anything meaningful to us. My aunt had taken care of buying groceries a few days before our arrival.

   I threw myself on the bed and began to close my eyes when I heard Mum calling me from downstairs. I answered back and patiently waited for her to answer but she never did. Boy did I hate when she did that.

I whined before standing up from my comfortable position and heading downstairs.

"Yes, Mum." I said while entering the kitchen.

"I'm about to make us dinner. Use that time to get a few things in order." she said and I nodded before walking away.

"And take a shower. Linda and Jamal are coming over!" I heard her shout from the kitchen and I answered with a simple okay.

   After unboxing the few things that I had and decorating my room, I was exhausted. I'd arranged my clothes in dress code categories and my shoes were nicely sitting on the shelves. Before we moved, Mum and I decided to sell all our cloths and get new ones. Some sort of wardrobe makeover or whatnot. Of course I'd kept a few things and so did she but the majority of my outfits now were brand new.

   I used the time I had left to prepare my school bag. I was about to be a senior in high school. I wouldn't say I'm a nerd, but I take my education really seriously. Just like my mother, I'm interested in medicine. I would like to become a neurosurgeon, and in order to get into Johns Hopkins University, I've stay focused when it comes to school.

   I finished fixing my desk before going into my bathroom and setting up my toiletries. I placed some of my hair products on the counter along with my makeup bag. While hanging all my inspirational quotes on the wall I heard someone knocking at the door before Mum walked in. She took in the aspect of my room with a small grin illuminating her face.

"Good job, baby girl. You're room looks really nice."

"Thanks, mum."

"Well Imma go get back at making that pasta. I was just checking on you."

"Oh I can help with that."

"No it's fine, sweetie. Go shower, Imma need you to watch that pie when I'll be getting ready." she said before walking out.

   I turned the tap on and tested the water before getting underneath. For the first time in the last twenty hours I felt my body relax. After my shower, I went into my room and got dressed. After putting on a set of matching underwear, I put on a red long sleeve shirt and a pair of white jean shorts. I wore my red Adiddas since I was planning on walking around the neighborhood later. My hair was in a nice French braid and I just applied some eyeliner and lip gloss.

I was going down the stairs to the kitchen when my mum was coming up.

"Finally! I didn't ask you to get all dolled up for the runway." she joked making me chuckle.

"Thanks Mum."

"Please stay off your phone this time. We ain't trynna repeat history here." she said and I rolled my eyes at her.

"It was a one-time thing."

"Still, I lost a dozen of cupcakes that day. Kim Kardashian getting robbed ain't more important than my cupcakes." she ranted while going in her room.