Where It All Began

"Hey, you hear this?" Kirishima said to his peers in the lounge room with him.

"A new outbreak in town has people turning into vampire like superhuman. If you see any strange behavior or experience any, please contact the authorities. This is News 4, Dom Chadley."

The News channel then screened to another news reporter who explained the situation.

"The outbreak erupted when two of six miners came back from a newly discovered mine. They both began to develop strange behaviors on the same day, and eventually landed in jail after putting multiple innocents in the hospital. Strange symptoms of this disease are fevers, sensitive hearing, extreme hunger, mood changes, or extreme sudden dental pain. Please contact the authorities immediately if you experience these things."

"Thats bullshit." Bakugou said as he got up from the couch.

"What do you mean? Didn't you hear about the seven people who were attacked by these guys. They said they were bit...like vampire bit them. How can you not believe it?" Kirishima asked his friend.

"You should hear yourself. Vampires? Fo rizzle? Since when did you get throw in the loony bin?" Bakugou said and propped his feet up on the coffee table.

"Don't put your feet on the table, Bakugou. That is disrespectful." Iida said to him and knocked his feet down.

"Do that again and I'll show you what disrespect means." Bakugou growled and propped his feet back up.

Meanwhile, across the room, Izuku Midoriya watched Bakugou in admiration. He had always looked up to him, like he was his personal hero. The two grew up together, though Bakugou didn't treat Midoriya well.

"What are you looking at, nerd?!" Bakugou barked at Midoriya when he noticed him staring.

"Oh no, sorry Kacchan. I wasn't looking at you. Im sor-" Midoriya started these words Bakugou, but he was cutoff.

"Stop mumbling, you damn nerd. I don't care. Just stop staring at me. Its fucking creepy." Bakugou said to Midoriya.

A few minutes passed with the vampire stories on the news and Bakugou couldn't believe it. He simply laughed at it all.

"Do you believe this?" Bakugou asked.

"I already said yes." Kirishima said.

"I wasn't talking to you, shitty hair. I was talking to the nerd." Bakugou said calmly.

"I don't known what to believe." Midoriya mumbled, questioning why Bakugou wasn't yelling t him for once and was actually talking calmly to him.

Bakugou scoffed at him and stole the remote from Kaminaris lap, quickly changing the channel to a show that was too inappropriate for Iida.

There were women everywhere in it with big breasts in small bikini tops.

"Change this, Bakugou! What do you think you're doing?!" Iida said and snatched the remote back to change it to the news again.

Most of the boys had been amused by the channel, but Iida wasn't...and neither was Midoriya. He already knew which way he swung, and it wasn't towards the girls. He couldn't see any women in his future beside his mom. He could only see himself with Bakugou at his side, though he knew--thought Bakugou was straight.

"Guys, i'm going to bed. Make sure you guys don't stay up too late, even though it is Friday eve. Night." Kaminari said to everyone and left, listening to everyone tell him goo night on his way out of the room.

Kirishima was next and then Todoroki and Iida. Only Midoriya, Bakugou, Tokoyami, and Ojiro were left.

"I'm not tired. Anyone up for a movie?" Ojiro asked.

All of them agreed to watching it, but Midoriya was hesitant.

"You want to watch 'Up'?"Ojiro asked Midoriya.

"Sure." Midoriya replied shyly.

He could feel Bakugou watching him with every second that passed while Ojiro put the movie in.

"You won't be able to see it from there. You can sit between Bakugou and I." Tokoyami said to Midoriya.

Midoriya looked to Bakugou and gulped, but then got up and sat between the two boys. The tension between them filled the room and everything became awkward. That feeling left when the movie came on though.

About halfway through the movie, when Bakugou was asleep and so was Tokoyami, Midoriya phone started going off.

"Hello?" He asked as he entered the kitchen.

"Hey, Izuku. I hope you are safe. I saw the news report and started to worry. Make sure you watch out for danger. I love you. Good night." Into said.

"I will watch out and I love you too. Good night." Midoriya replied and shut off his phone.

The head ache that he had developed that morning was now painful and he decided to go get some medicine for it since medicine wasn't provided in the dorms. He grabbed his wallet from his room and put on his red shoes, then took off for the store.

He scanned his ID card at the gate and was let out. Scared, he ran down the street for the store until he ran across an alley way that he heard groaning in.

"Help." the voice said softly.

Midoriya, being the caring child he was, started taking off down the alley way for the voice.

"Hello? Where are you?" He asked the voice.

"Help." They repeated louder.

Midoriya found the body and ran up to it. When he got there though, he was grabbed and slung at the wall.

"Wh-what?" He groaned and rubbed his head where it had been hit on the wall.

He then felt a sharp pain on his collar bone that stung for a few minutes.

"Theres one! Shoot it!" A voice rang from outside the alley way.

A gun blast sounded down the alley way and seemed to temporarily deafen Midoriya, as he couldn't hear anything else. The man got off of him and ran off down the alley way toward the way the voices had come from.

Without being able to hear anything, Midoriya stumbled down the opposite way of the alley way and started running back to the dorms. He could feel warm liquid dripping down his chest.

"Did I get shot or is this the other guys blood?" he asked himself.

Unluckily, the attacker had been shot and some of his blood had mixed with Midoriyas. This was how a vampire was formed.