Chapter 2

The day started just as usual. Hiccup woke up, got ready, and left for school. At school, he avoided people for a better part of the day, then was attacked at lunch. By the time he left school, he had a large bump on the back of his head, a sprained leg, an eye closed shut by blood, and a black eye that left only half of the other eye open. He limped out of school, and arrived at the elevators leading to the different maglev rail platforms. That's where things went wrong.

Hiccup's train was on Platform 2. It wouldn't be there much longer. Hiccup normally arrived just before the train was leaving, but limping had slowed him down a lot, so the train was leaving just when he arrived. But Hiccup never saw this. When he glanced up at the screen for Platform 2, he only saw the name of his train through his half closed eye. He did not see that the train was marked as leaving and that the next train was arriving seconds after his left. So by the time Hiccup made it to the platform, he saw a train on the station. He did not realize that it was not his. Hiccup boarded the train.

It took a little while for Hiccup to realize something was wrong. At first, the train followed the same route. Then, it forked left instead of right. Then, Hiccup started paying attention. I've never seen this station before, he thought nervously, did I get on the wrong train? So Hiccup went to the information board, and his stomach plummeted. The train he was on was bound to Sector 14, and he wanted to get to sector 31! "This is bad, This is bad. This is bad! This is bad!!" Hiccup muttered to himself. He scanned the map, and his spirits lifted a little. The map showed a central station, where Hiccup could transfer, and get back on the right rail! Hiccup checked the windows, and dread returned. They had just left the transfer station. He glanced at the map again. There would be a 7 sector crossing before the final station. Hiccup cursed lightly under his breath, and returned to his seat, to get started on a plan. 

Maybe, Hiccup pondered, I can wait at the final station until this train comes back, then take it back to the transfer station! Hiccup did a quick calculation, and realized, I need to call mom and dad! They must be worried! I'll find a communicator at the station. Then Hiccup took out his medicine bag, and began dressing his wounds. 

When Hiccup arrived at Sector Fourteen, everything was very quiet. Most people had left the train, and the streets were deserted except for a few, slow hovercars. A ragged sign on the wall said "Communicators are down 12th street under the station" Hiccup silently thanked the sign, then headed down the elevators.

Many streets spread out from the bottom of the station. Hiccup looked around, until he found an alley labeled "12th Street"  and headed down it.

 The alley soon became close to completely dark, and Hiccup became increasingly nervous. Where are the communicators? he thought. Then, he saw a glimmer of silver. Communicators! he rejoiced. He got closer and closer, until it did not look so much like a communicator. The silver item was a box with an open front, and a hole in the center. "What is that?" Hiccup muttered. Then, there was a hollow THUD! and something shot out of the hole. Hiccup looked down to see a tranquilizer dart in his chest. He groaned, but managed to stay conscious. "This 'un has 'ore fight in 'im" Hiccup heard someone say from behind. He turned around, and a bag was dropped over his head. "I agree!" another voice said. Then Hiccup lashed out.

He aimed a well-placed kick on one of the men, and punched the other, he ran, and tried to pull the bag off, but it was stuck tight. Then a rope curled around his leg and yanked him to the ground. He thrashed hard, but he was eventually dragged back and pinned with his face up. "Better be careful with this 'un" the first voice said. Then a cloth was put to his nose, and Hiccup began to drift away. He was still struggling and thrashing, but he began to still. And even as his brain tried to kick him awake, Hiccup lost consciousness.