prologue

"Alright, have fun! Drive safe and I'll see you at 9 on Sunday!" Nicole, my boss, said to me as I was clocking out. I smiled and turned around to put my back to her and walk towards the front of the store. 

"Yep, will do, thanks!" I responded, opening the door and walking towards my car in the hot July air. I had been waiting so impatiently for today, after working 10 straight days in a row, doing 6 to 8 hour shifts, it became impossible to not anticipate my days off. After I started working when I was 16, I found it difficult to get enough time off to even go on vacation for one night, let alone a long weekend. But now that I was 18 and graduated, and summer vacation had started, I was able to get people to cover my shift so I could take a whole week off for this independence day and spend some time with my extended family at the cabin. 

I started the engine to my car and as I began to drive home, I struggled to remember the last time I had been up north with my entire family. As I thought about it more when I pulled into my driveway, memories of my cousins and I jumping off the dock into the lake with our dogs, and getting ice cream at Sweets n Such with our grandparents flooded my brain. It was such a small and simple town, there was practically nothing within a 90 mile radius of that town, but the memories made in that town and the people I've met make it so special to me. When I was a younger girl, we had always made time for the cabin. My cousins, sisters and I didn't have jobs so time was much less valuable and we could spend weeks up there together as an entire family; aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, the lot of us made the time to be together up there. But once all of us grandkids got our licenses and got jobs, making the time work was so much harder to do, and eventually, we all kinda stopped going all together.

With haste, I ran up the stairs of my home, passing my parents and sister's bedroom and immediately grabbed the duffel bag from my closet, throwing random t-shirts, shorts and bikinis in there as I was eager to just leave the house and get on the road. My car was all packed up within 5 minutes of getting home, so after it was all said and done, I began the long journey back to Emily. 

------------

so I already kinda have the first few chapters figured out so I thought I might as well start writing a bit on this lovely saturday night. 

while I have your attention, let me do character intros!

Avery Anne Bergstrom - IG: missaliss_lynn

Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, and Louis Tomlinson - lit rally ot5