Chapter 7: One Hotel Room

Today was the start of the tour and the four of us had to wake up at the asscrack of dawn in order to catch our flight to Lisbon on time. Luke or I haven't said anything since our writing session five days ago. Well, he's given me some space since the kiss. And I don't blame him because he probably is thinking that I need to take it slow at first since I'm new to all of this and still not 100% sure if I even want to be gay. He's basically basing this off of his own experience, which is smart and good of him.

But I wish he wouldn't have given me that much space because I like being alone with him. I don't feel like shit and I don't feel like I'm unwanted. With him, I feel like I'm the best thing since sliced bread.

I'm actually very nervous for the tour to start because I'm scared that I'll get set back into my depression for the entirety of the tour. I don't want that. I want to have fun on this thing.  Being in a band and having a headlining tour is something that I have always dreamed of doing and I don't want it to be ruined.

I lifted my black duffle bag into the trunk and slid it next to Calum's. I could see his red beanie sticking up over the headrest of the seat and I could tell that he was already passed out. Mikey walked out, his hair thrown in every direction and barely put together in an old sweater and trackpants. 

"Ash, put this in there for me. I'm going to take a nice long nap," he said groggily, sticking his bags out towards me. 

"Eh, I'll leave you to it. It'll be good for your tired bones," I said, walking past him and back into the house. Luke walked out of the hallway, smiling at me as he straightened out the beanie on his head.

"Got everything?" I asked him.

"Yeah. You?" he asked, continuing his trek towards the door.

"Yeah. Just needed an excuse to get out of being Michael's bitch," I shrugged tiredly.

The three of us crawled into the van, careful not to wake Calum because we didn't want a bear on our hands. Mikey sat in the seat next to him while Luke and I shared the bench seat in the back.

"Tell me again why we have to get up so early?" Mikey asked us quietly, his eyes half open.

"Because if we don't, we miss our flight to Lisbon, Portugal and then Adam might be pissed since he is going to be waiting for us at the gates," Luke explained to him.

"Tell me again why he made us get up so early?" he asked.

"Because he wants to give us one day to get over jet lag and the time difference is what fucks us over," Luke explained once again.

"Remind me to kick Adam's ass anyway," Mikey said, curling up in his seat and leaning his head against the window.

"Will do, but expect one in return," I snorted.

"Not if I bring out Mike-Ro-Wave," he muttered, referencing his superhero alter ego. 

----

We all tiredly shuffled into the first class cabin of the jet, taking the first available seats and getting comfortable. I had sat next to Michael by force since he wanted to cuddle with someone that wouldn't reject him like Calum did. But fortunately, he insisted on having the window seat, which I was mighty fine with because I could escape if Mikey's cuddling got to be too much. Luke and Calum were seating in the seats across from us, just two seats ahead. Calum looked like he was asleep again, and Luke just sat in the aisle seat, scrolling through his phone with his blue earbuds in. 

I was tempted to sleep, but at the same time, I wanted to be awake. I knew damn well that I should get rested up so I wasn't as jetlagged when we landed, but I didn't want to sleep. What I wanted to do was switch seats with Calum and talk to Luke. I wanted to have those one-on-one conversations that we haven't had for nearly a week. I was yearning to have them again. Hell, if Luke wasn't in the room, I felt more lost than a three year old in a shopping center. It's like he was a drug and I was way too addicted.