Chapter 5

That first phone call. That single one. Between my White House bedroom and Hill House was astounding. Seeing the children's reactions was wonderful. It was his voice that lightened their spirits. But the hardest part was the fact that we had to appear sad every time we appeared in public. The thing that made us cry was Jack being so far away. So our emotion was kind of like he had left the world. Our world. 

But we still stayed strong. We knew we'd be able to visit Jack very soon. The funeral went to plan and me and the kids settled into two Georgetown homes before we set off to the privacy of New York. Then after I started seeing Onassis, everyone of course believed Jack was dead so there was no fuss about it. 

Then when I was due to marry Onassis in October, five years after Jack supposedly died, me and the kids went on vacation in Skorpios. And then I decided would be the right time to see Jack. 

Hill House

Skorpios Island

"Mr Kennedy, your wife Jacqueline is here to see you". Jackie was escorted into the room by an usher. She nearly dissolved into tears when she saw her disabled husband slouched in a wheelchair. Jack cried with happiness when he saw her. "Oh kid". Jack went over to her. 

"Bunny!" Jackie cried. She bent down and hugged him. She assisted him onto the sofa while they started talking. They had talked on the phone but it wasn't the same. "I hear you're marrying Onassis". Jack smiled, his arm wrapped around Jackie. Jackie kissed him. "I am but my love will always be for you". 

Jack smiled, kissing her passionately. However the wedding deeply saddened them both. Not only would Jackie losing the title of being only married to one person, but Jack wouldn't be allowed in at the wedding. "It'll cause hysteria. Everyone will think I'm back from the dead, I'll be a ghost or something" Jack joked. They laughed. 

"But remember Jack, in my mind, I'll never truly be an Onassis" Jackie sounded relieved. "And not only that, you can be the richer Bouvier sister" Jack joked. Jackie laughed. She could now tease Lee that she never became Mrs Aristotle Onassis and it was once again her older sister that got the prize. 

"Ari and I have made arrangements for me to stay here in Skorpios from April to August every year. And visit for birthdays, Christmasses, special events" Jackie cuddled her husband. He was handicapped but it was a much better feeling than losing him for ever. 

"And you will be able to see me" Jack kissed her. Before she left, Jackie promised Jack three things. First, she would still visit him. Second, he would always be the love of her life. And third, the children would always be able to see him.