Chapter 1: Savage Strike

Savage Strike

I crept through the dark hallway, my infrared scope active to see through the pitch muck.  Gunshots echoed in the distance as my partner and I made our way towards our target.  We were here to take out Mundi Serosa and his top generals, and to free Turkey from his sadistic rule.  Diplomacy had failed and human troops had been repelled several times, so the higher ups had called in us.

We are cybernetic wolves, programmed with human intelligence and armed to take out any target smaller than a heavy battle tank.  I glanced at my partner, Stiletto, and made sure all of her systems were still operational.  A quick scan of her red body showed that all of her systems were fully functional, her saw blades were aligned perfectly over her shoulders, haunches, and between her glowing yellow optics.  Her silver tail blade was still razor sharp and her internal systems were at peak power.  I couldn’t scan myself, but I knew my partner would have scanned me already for any flaws in my systems.  This close to target there was no room for mistakes.

Stealth-class wolves had already taken out the guards, but they lacked the pure power to take out a room full of heavily armed terrorists.  So, Stiletto and I were called in to do the heavy lifting.  Being a Barrage-class wolf, Stiletto was equipped to take out large and numerous targets.  I was with her as her partner to offer assistance if she needed it, along with tactical advice if she ran into trouble. 

She glanced at me and sent over a quick question over our internal com systems, Ready to go Stratagem?  It wasn’t a question of preparedness, more of a confirmation that I was clear on our battle strategy.

I nodded, I move in once you blow down the door, disable any weapons that could be used against us, and then you come in to take out the hostiles.

She nodded in turn, Lead the way.

I turned and we continued down the hall, our sensitive audio receptors picking up on elevated heart rates and heavy breathing coming from a room to our left.  I confirmed the number of targets with the data coming into my system and stopped right in front of a sturdy wooden door.  I stepped to the side and Stiletto moved in front of the door, her saw blades whirring to life as she charged into the wood.  The titanium blades cut the wood to splinters in a second and I leapt over her back as the humans in the room jumped in shock.  My dark blue armor flashed in the light of the three oil lamps as I snarled.

Five men in Turkish clothing were running around and attempting to grab firearms leaning up against the wall.  I ran around in a big circle, grabbing the rifles in my jaws and crushing them as Stiletto powered up her saws again and attacked the humans in a splattering of blood and gore.  In less than ten seconds we had breached and contained a room full of hostiles, better than most human special units by half.

Stiletto walked up to me, her armor and saws coated in human blood and bits of flesh, Well that was simple.

I nodded, my armor spattered with blood as well, We’ll need a thorough washing once we get back to base.

Agreed.  She said.  She looked around at what remained of the dead men, Targets were caught completely by surprise.