Prologue

When she promises...

She fiddled with the camera, setting it up on the tripod and checking to make sure it was on and working perfectly. The slight tremor in her hand was the only sign of her nervousness and even as no one was in the room with her, she tried to hide it.

Satisfied with the results, she sat down on the only chair in the room, there was no time to waste. Her mami and sister would need the camera soon.

She pushed down all emotions. This was not the time for doubts or fears.

Convinced that she looked acceptable, she cleared her throat, looked straight into the camera as it's red light blinked to show it was recording and started speaking.

"Why do I hate the Santillanis so much? It's simple, they took everything from me. Who and what they are, is who and what I am supposed to be. Their money, houses, friends, they were all meant to be mine. They hurt me, hurt my family and left us on the streets. They ruined me before I was even born. Now, I'm going to make them feel what I felt, suffer what I have suffered. I'll destroy them like they destroyed me.

"In life, you learn to understand that no one is innocent. If anyone stands in my way, well let's just say every war has its casualties. I, Amor-Gina Niñana, will not stop until they feel all the pain they caused, until they fall. Because, that's only when I'll start to live."

-------------

A different face came on, similar to the last. A sister possibly; but younger.

She looked much more confident and calm, her features were less delicate and her eyes harder. However, a large smile was on her lips, it seemed misplaced, like it wasn't meant to be there. It didn't go with the anger and darkness hidden in her face, only visible in her eyes.

As she began to speak though, the smile dimmed, changing into something that resembled a smirk. Her voice cold as she spoke.

"Hm-hm, I don't really care about the Santillanis, fact is... I don't really care about much. The Santillanis could die for all I know. I'd have probably gone through life not bothered about or giving thought to any of them, but then Maritza Santillani took away the most important thing in my life. She broke my family, and now I have to break hers too.

"When you have the most important thing in your life ripped away from you, then you can't be held responsible for whatever you do next. They will know me, Rosa-Diamante Niñana, and I will not stop, even when they beg, when they plead, I'll just go harder. Till they're destroyed, till they're crushed, that is only when I'll be fixed"

--------------

A woman sat on the chair this time. Her face was drawn with age and resignation. Small wrinkles marred the sides of her eyes and her lips, a testament of what she had gone through. She was obviously much older than the other two, but similar in appearance. The mother or an older relation perhaps. Her beauty couldn't be hidden though, it shone like it would never fade. No matter what.

She didn't waste any time, her words wear clear and cut like ice when she finally started speaking.

"I grew up with Maritza Santillani, we were close, sisters even. That is, until I betrayed her, I hurt her in the worst way imaginable. So, when she took away all that I had, my family, my friends, I didn't hate her, she still had my heart, to me she was still my sister. She didn't stop there though, no, she had to do more, she ripped me apart, she destroyed me and nothing stopped her. Eventually, she took away the life I had managed to re-build, the one last thing I had and now, I hate her.

"I can't forgive, because there is no excuse. Karina Niñana-Vasquez, will shatter everything she holds dear... Only when she falls will I forgive, even though she didn't forgive when I fell."

With a deep breath she leaned over and turned off the camera. The tape would be placed where no one would find it, well, that is until it was time for them to.