Chapter 3

Jessabell had been in the car for two hours; when he finally asked how life had been before the accident. "It was pretty good until the wreck that led to my mom and horse dieing." replied Jessabell. He looked like someone had kicked him in the gut. "Well I'm sorry about that but now you can begin again." he said trying to sound optimistic. She sighed after he replied that comment and shifted to where she was staring out the window as she drifted off to sleep. While she was asleep her dreams were filled with the wreck happening again and again in her mind. Her dad picked up Jessabell and carried her into his three bedroom house to what will become her room. As he lay her down on the bed as she murmured night to her dad. He thought to himself after she said that she missed him. That was true that she missed him and wanted to see him just not after everything that happened. The next morning when she woke he had a full course breakfast made just for her. Jessabell was surprised that her dad had made this for her. "School starts in two weeks I have arranged for you to go the the high school near here." her dad replied nonchalantly. "Oh well good I can start preparing for my senior year then." sighed Jessabell. "I'm not trying to scare you I'm just saying." said her dad. She nodded with her mouth full of eggs knowing he was just letting her know ahead of time. When she finished her breakfast she went to organize her room. In the passing days Jessabell and her dad began to become more like they used to be. "Dad is there a library near here?" she asked her dad. "Nope but there is a bookstore right around the block," said her dad," of you need money I'll give you fifty dollars to go get some books." Jessabell jumped up and down and left for the store with her fifty dollars. When she came back from the library she read for the next days until it was the day before school. Which were very long and boring.