One

Hi! Thanks so much for deciding to read my book. This story is one I've seen through my own eyes - I guess I just felt the need to share. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy. I do not know how long this book will be, my patience is no match for the real-life timeframe, but we'll see I guess.

Ava POV

Here I am, a couple of days into freshman year and I'm already so excited to see what high school has in store for me. My friends and I start walking down the hallway, heading to first period, and that's when my wide eyes stumble upon him. He's standing there, behind this girl I assume is his girlfriend, and is just holding her backpack in his arms.

What a gentleman! Those muscles!

I can't stop looking at him. He looks so innocent, so pure. I kinda feel bad for the guy, his girlfriend doesn't seem to care about him at all - not even sparing him a glance as he carefully holds her backpack. He's so cute, I wonder what his name is...

I feel as though so much time has passed. Everything seemed to slow down like it was just me and him walking through that hallway. Before I got out of the car this morning, my mom said, "Wave at people, smile at them in the hallways - it won't kill ya." So that's what I did. I put on a soft smile and gave the boy a short wave. He just stared back at me with no reaction, no movement in his face or body at all. Alrighty then, fuck that.

I was pulled back to reality when I heard the tardy bell ring. I rushed off to class with images of that boy fresh on my mind. I've got to get him to notice me, I need to find out who he is. 

Looking back, I wish I still felt that swoon, that pull to him as I did the first day I saw him. Gosh, I feel like an idiot. I feel kind of guilty for what happened between the two of us. We came so far, we were practically inseparable. I was so in love, so sure that he was my person. But as time went on, my world just came crashing down.

Let me tell you about it.