Big rock

——the next day

I opened my eyes with some difficulty due to the bright sunlight shining through the windows. I rolled over only to find an empty space. When I touched it, it still felt somewhat warm so Lauren couldn't be gone for a long time.
I got up and changed in some light blue ripped shorts and a yellow cropped top. I just put my hair in a messy bun and went downstairs to look for Lauren.
When I came downstairs I noticed a note under some pancakes.

' Don't worry I'm just grabbing some new clothes and running some errands I forgot to do yesterday. Enjoy those pancakes they're made with A LOT OF LOVE

~ Laur '

I smiled like a child that just got a new toy when I read the note and then looked at the Pancakes. She really is a loving person.

Just when I finished the plate of pancakes Lauren entered the house.

"Am I good or am I good?"
She asked obviously about the pancakes.

"Uhh... Ur amazing... wOW ur really good at cooking do you know that? Like please cook for me all day miss Jauregui!"

I said while eating the last peace of the delicious breakfast.

"That's what I wanted to hear"
She said laughing and grabbing some coffee she bought at the store.
"I'm happy you lik-"

"LOVE"
I shouted at her holding my hands to my heart

Lauren started laughing at me
"Well... I'm happy you LOVE them"
She stressed Love when she repeated her sentence I just interrupted.

"I see your finishing up. Let's go to the 'big rock' in 10 minutes? I want to show you something"
She said before grabbing her purse and going upstairs to change in some more comfortable clothes.

——arrival at the 'big rock'

(The car drive was mostly made in silence only some radio playing with good old country music. When they arrived at the 'big rock' they made their way up to the highest point where only two trees were growing and in between those trees an old wood bench.)

I took the last big step admiring the view that was infront of us. Miami.

"I always came up here with my mum before she turned into a ... monster"
Lauren whispered the last part and let out a puff of air.

"It's magical"
Is the only thing I could say in that moment because it really was. I've never seen my hometown from this perspective. The big and rushed city looked so small and calm from above that it reminded me of my childhood. Big world, mini me and calmness.
"You wanted to show me something?"
I said when she grabbed my hand and led us to the bigger tree of the two. There were names all over the tree but when she pointed for me to look at the back of the tree I only saw two Names written inside a star shaped figure.

"Clara + Laur"
I whispered to myself as i was drawing the letters with my fingers.

"When my mum showed me this place she told me that she had planted this tree in the night they got married. They called him 'siempre' wich means forever in Spanish"

I took a seat besides Lauren and continued listening.

"When I turned 5 my mum and I carved our names into the tree"

I smiled at her and remembered the star around their names.
"What does the star mean?"

"When I showed Tay this place she wanted us to carve a star around our names because she thinks that mum is one of the stars looking down on us and making sure we're save. I've never told her what had happened in the past"

Suddenly I felt something hitting my head.
"Ouch!" I exclaimed. And it happened again. And again.

"Shit Mila its going to start pouring rain. C'mon let's go home!"

(As they were running down the hill the rain got heavier and heavier. When they arrived at Laurens car both were soaking wet.)

"Get in. Fast!"
Lauren laughed almost slipping into the mud.

"Ohh god why didn't we check the weather forecast??"
I said in disgust because my clothes were sticking to my body.

"Mila the weather is changing damn quick at the coast you know that"
She said laughing because of my disgusted face.

"Can we just drive home already I'm cold"
I started shaking and soon felt Laurens warm jacked she had left in her car around me.

"There you go.."

"Thanks Laur"
I said smiling due to the warmth embracing me and the nice smell of her rose perfume.

"No problem Camz. When we get home you can take a bath and I'll go get some food"

"Okay. You're sure you don't want to bath too?"
I said smirking.

"No I'm perfect over here in my OWN seat lady"

"I was just making sure yo-"

"I know but let me drive home now or do you want to get sick before we even get to Europe?"

"La vie un roSEEEE!"
I started singing at the thought of spending my holidays with my best friend.

(The drive home was made in a comfortable silence only Camila humming to her favorite love song.)

——11:47pm

"Laur..?"
I whispered not sure if Lauren was already asleep.

"Mmhmm..."
She answered.

"Will you make me pancakes tomorrow?"

I saw Lauren turning around to face me

"Of course but now go to dreamland I need to get SOME sleep if you want me to make you some"
She said annoyed but I could see her smiling from the dim light of the moon.

"Goodnight Laur"
I whispered and leaned over to kiss her cheek.

"Goodnight camzi"
She said snuggling up to my side and kissing me cheek softly.

————
There you go.

I feel like the relationship between Laurens mother and Lauren is going to follow their journey throughout the story.

Feel free to leave a comment or like.

(special credits to -M) ly