date night part 2

time lapse 1 hour

Percy POV: well the food was amazing but I need to do this. should I just kneel and ask now or bring her somewhere nicer than here??

"Percy" I snap out of my thoughts and look up at annabeth.

"yeah?"

"are you okay? you went into a random trance there"

"yeah yeah all good" I say quickly oh gods I need help and fast. finally the waitress comes with the bill. I pay for the food and we leave. after a while I grab annabeth's arm, stopping her in her tracks.

"what is it seaweed brain?" she asks

"want to go to that fair over there it looks like fun and the sign says it's number 1" I say, making her laugh

"alright" she manages with all the giggling. I walk towards the fair with annabeth and the second we get there we join the queue for the Ferris wheel. eventually we get to the top of the queue and I whisper something to the woman who works the whole ride and she grins widely. I help annabeth into the carriage and when we get to the top, the ride stops

annabeth POV: "annabeth" I turn around to look at Percy.

"I need to talk to you about something" he says and gets down on one knee.

"annabeth when we first met I never knew that I'd end up with someone as amazing as you. I never gave up on looking for you when you went missing when we first met nico and Bianca. when I went missing you were the only person I remembered because I love you. will you marry me?" he says, taking out a small velvet box and opening it. inside there's the most beautiful ring I've ever seen, a silver band with a sea green emerald shaped like a love heart and on either side there's a diamond.

"yes!of course I will seaweed brain" I say, crying. he slips the ring onto my finger, stands up and we kiss. this was the best date ever!