lullaby

Laura turned around on her cold bed for what felt like the thousandth time that night. The storm outside was making it so difficult for her to sleep, for her to even breathe. Every time a lightning struck, she'd gasp and hide under the covers. Idiot, she thought to herself, the fucking duvet is not going to save you from dying.

It was really cold, even for a winter night, and the noises the thunders made weren't helping her at all to get warm, instead, they'd just make her feet freeze and her body shake with goosebumps. Why did she had to be so afraid?

Laura shivered, she wanted this all to end. She knew that spending the winter holidays at a cabin in the middle of fucking nowhere was completely far from a good idea, despite how excited Uzo, Natasha, Yael and Taylor were. Yes, mostly Taylor. Actually, Laura was totally against the idea until the blonde hugged her tightly and whispered in her ear a soft "It's not gonna be the same without you". There, right there, is where she lost it and decided that maybe, just maybe, it wouldn't be such a burden. Hell, was she wrong.

Fuck it. And Taylor. Specially fuck Taylor.

The room lighted up completely when another lightning struck, as if someone had just turned all the lamps in the world on, even though the electricity had gone out a couple of hours ago when the thunderstorm started. Laura couldn't resist the urge to scream, and she quickly jumped out of the bed and ran as fast as she could through the hallway, desperately directing herself to Taylor's room. She was barefoot, wearing only a pair of thin pants and a light tank top, so it took no time for her to shiver.

Once she reached the blonde's bedroom, she closed the door quietly behind her and rested her back against it, letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding and sweeping off the sweat from her forehead. She looked over to the bed, more precisely to the body laying on it. She drew herself closer, and sat there carefully. Now she could see Taylor's face illuminated by the moonlight, and she felt her heart skip a beat at the sight. She was so beautiful not even the Starry Night by Van Gogh could compare. She lifted a hand up to the blonde's cheek, softly stroking it with the back of her cold ice fingers.

"Tay", she whispered. "Tay, wake up"

Taylor stirred, mumbling some incoherent words and burying her face in the pillow, still asleep. Laura rolled her eyes.

The brunette's hand moved to her hair, to caress it as she gently whispered, "Tay please, I need you to wake up"

She was holding back some tears, she felt so fucking helpless. Why on Earth did she have to run into Taylor's arms as if she was a child, when she was actually about to turn 39?

The blonde cleared her throat as she rolled over to her side, squinting her eyes after she slowly opened them. When she saw the figure before her, she sat up in her elbow, frowning when she realized who it was.

"Laura?"

"Who else?"

Taylor plopped back to her bed and rubbed her face with her palms when she looked at the clock on the nightstand.

"It's fucking 3am, you psycho. You better have a good reason to wake me- Oh my God" Taylor sat up immediately and let a smirk spread on her face, to which Laura frowned, "is this a booty call?"

"Oh, fuck you"

Laura got up and started walking away when a soft, warm hand held tightly onto her wrist. She turned back around, shivering at the touch and at the cold of the floor against her feet.

"What's wrong?" Taylor asked with an evident worry in her voice. She rubbed her thumb on the older's skin, "Are you feeling bad? You're so cold"

"Can I sleep with you?"