Chapter 1

" Being single means you know your worth and waiting for someone who is worthy!"

Bubbly, easy-going and full of life, no one would have ever guessed that Reina was a victim of anxiety. After so many years of self-doubt and low self-confidence, she was finally self-assertive. It is hard to live a life where your mind is your own enemy. It is easy to fight people that fighting your own mind, however, she was determined to win over it.

By the age of 25, Reina was pretty happy with her single life especially after going through a lot of drama in her past relationships. Love life has never been a bed of roses for her as her first boyfriend was a well-known player. However, she was so much blindly in love with him, that she chose to ignore all the red flags. After years of mental and verbal torture, she still did not believe that this man was not the perfect one for her. Adamant on her beliefs and the love that she felt for him, she closed her eyes on all his cheating "rumors" and toxic behaviors.

However, at some point in time, she had to give up on him in order to protect her dignity. After 3 years of being cheated on, she finally accepted the fact that the ex-boyfriend only wanted to sleep with her. After all these years of bearing with him, all she got in return was tears and a heart which was broken in a million pieces. Thus started, her fear of investing in other people. She was drowned in an ocean of insecurity and trust issues when she was given an opportunity to fall in love again.

Thus, all her relationships were going to the dogs and failing miserably. She was so convinced that she was not lovable and no one was going to put up with her. Reina felt as if she was doomed to stay alone. She started to prepare herself mentally and emotionally to lead a lonely life ahead. But as we all know, life has unusual ways to prove us wrong and little did Reina knows that there was a surprise waiting for her at the corner of the road.

It was finally time for her to meet that person who is going to change her life forever. While she believed that love was not going to heal her, maybe she was going to heal him with all the love that was left in her. 

Was she ready to face that person or she needed to work on herself more? Was he the man who is going to be the one?