CHAPTER 38.

Chapter 38: Confrontation. 

*

"Sometimes, 

two worlds are meant to be

but 

Circumstances interfere 

and make time wait"

-2am-

*

Whoever said love did not hurt has obviously not met Nahal Sadaf. The woman has been a crying mess since the night she met Yahyah at the hospital, which happened to be four days ago. She could hear her sister and mother laugh at something downstairs, while making sweets. She set on her bed and stared at the white shirt in her hands. If only I could tell you. Without much effort, tears rolled down her cheeks. She hastily wiped them away only for it to be replaced by more.

'If you hurt so bad, why you did you turn him down?' the question has been lingering in her mind for a while now. She knew the answer to it but she refused to speak out loud. She felt afraid of the comments she would get. She hurt The CEO after all.

"Nahal?" she did not realized Aanabia was inside her stood, staring at her in horror. She wiped away her tears and shoved the shirt under the duvet before smiling at her older sister. Aanabia frowned at her before shutting the door behind her and walking to her. She took a seat in front of her on the bed and wiped away the stray tears on Nahal's face. Nahal felt hopeless. It is not worth- tears began. She was a mess and she hated it.

Aanabia hugged her tight and waited until she stopped crying. She smiled at her.

"Tell me" that was enough for Nahal to start speaking. It was too much on her small heart to take.

"Yahyah claimed he loved me" Aanabia waited for her to continue. Nahal wiped her face with the back of her hands before taking a deep breath. Now or never.

"I like him too" Aanabia stared at her in amusement. She knew this and that was when it clicked for Aanabia. Her sister was afraid.

"What are you afraid of?" Nahal set silent for a moment, thinking it through. Afraid? A lot of things. The what if's, the future, his family and my career. Everything. The biggest question: What if our relationship goes down like both our parent's did? Both our parents are divorced (and dead). What if we don't work out? What then?

"A lot of things" she finally answered. Aanabia smiled at her and tapped her head lightly.

"Why don't you talk about it all to Yahyah? I am sure he would understand" Nahal shook her head. I cannot let him know of my insecurities. What will happen when I am left exposed to him and he leaves me? What then? What if he tells other people about it?

She snapped out of her thoughts when Aanabia placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it lightly.

"Talk to him, Nahal. That is the only way you can do this. You cannot deny your feelings and cry in your room every single time you miss him! You have to go out and let him know. He is a good person" Aanabia advised her and Nahal smiled slightly at her sister through her waterworks. At least, I have someone who understands me.

"And if it doesn't work out, you always have home" Aanabia added and Nahal nodded at her. Aanabia placed a kiss on her forehead before walking away.