f i f t e e n

the tires come to a screeching halt as we get to the house.

i run in and throw everything off the coffee table. reed was sitting on the couch watching netflix.

"what the fuck bitch!" she yells at me.

i whip my gun out and aim it right at their face. "now is not the fucking time reed."

chris and ryland come running in with the girls. the coffee table is just big enough for them to be side by side.

"holy shit.." reed says as she jumps up and runs to get her medical supplies.

"easier than i thought." i said putting my gun in the holster.

reed comes running back with a whole med kit. she goes for ciara first, taking off chris's shirt sleeve he had ripped off.

***

it's been a few minutes but it's felt like hours. time is moving in slow motion. i'm numb. i feel the same as when my parents died.

"taylor." andrew grabs me and pulls me into a hug.

i must've been crying and not realized.

"reed how's it going?" i ask.

"i've gotten the bullet out of her leg, and i've sewed that up. i'm trying to get the one in her lung out but it shattered." she said as she dug into her wound.

"can i help in any way?" i asked in tears.

"grab a pair of clean tweezers and try to get bryns out. she shouldn't be that hard hers didn't hit any vital organs that i know of." she said.

i quickly grabbed the tweezers and sat next to bryn.

she opened her eyes and looked at me. tears ran down her cheeks as she saw me.

" you're going to be okay." i said as i began digging in her wound. ryland held her hand as i hurt my best friend.

it was killing me to cause them pain. if it wasn't for me, they would've never been in this mess. it's all my fault.

***

after reed sewed up the girls, we all moved them to their rooms. we had to be extra careful to not open the stitches.

i spent the whole night crying. every half hour or so i'd go to their rooms to check on them. i'm terrified of losing them.

i walk into bryn's room. ryland was holding her in his arms. you could tell he was stressed and crying.

"how is she?" i poked my head in the door.

"she's been in and out. she was making some jokes earlier." he smiled.

i smiled back, i needed her to be okay.

"i'm going to check on ciara." i closed the door and walked down the hall.

i knocked on the door and slightly opened it.

chris was laying there crying, holding ciara in his arms.

the boys were protective of them, and it was killing them.

"has she woken up?" i asked.

"once. she was crying about the pain, but she fell back asleep after about 10 minutes." chris responded.

i nodded and left the room. i walked into the kitchen. reed was sitting on the counter eating an apple.

"how are they?" she asked.

"in and out." i said.

we sat there in silence while i poured a cup of chocolate milk.

"thank you." i said holding back tears.

"look. i lost my people, i wasn't going to let you lose your people. that's the worst feeling." she said hopping off the counter and beginning to walk out.

"you're gonna need them here soon." she warned.

she never fails to be a confusing bitch.