2. Woke

Monday

London
I woke up earlier than I've ever before. I was excited to be going back to school I was a month out and probably was going to have to repeat junior year . But I have faith and what matters is that I'm back in school. Ms.Janet honked her horn and that was my cue to make it downstairs. I was dressed down . I had a Raven's sweat shirt with some light washed blue jeans and a pair of diadoras . I wore my ravens baseball cap. I grabbed my book bag and was heading out the door . My momma was looking out the window .

You got that white bitch picking you up ? ".

Yeah who else gone do it".

She can't be a mother to you she only do this for a check". That was true she gets paid to do this for people but I honestly think her love for me is genuine .

Okay mom".

Hey she white I know she got some money . Ask her for some".

No .. I'm not asking her for nothing mom". I said quickly leaving before we had a whole fight. I made my way down the stairs and was greeted by drew . I decided to break out my shell and speak .

Hey wassup Drew". I said speeding pass him

Wassup Little". I laughed at the nickname he gave me " have a good day at school".

Thanks". I got in the passenger seat. " hey Ms. Janet ".

Hi honey ! You ready for today?".

Yes I'm so excited . I just wish when I came home it would be more exciting". I sighed

You will have a good day . Right now block all the negative right now and think about the positive. And I will check in with my boss to see if I can schedule overnight stays at my house . If you would like that".

I would but on weekends . Even though I hate to say it but I have to look after my mom".

Okay that's fine , how's the poetry? ". She asked

It's pretty cool . I know I wanna join the poetry class".

That's good.. is your mother getting better ?".

No... she not worse but there isn't any progress and she thinks you don't care about me and you just wanna do this for a check is that true?". I asked even though it was selfish of me . But I wanted to know for reasons .

Yes I get a check because this is my career set job . I have to get paid . However , I really care about you and your well being and I want you to succeed in life even if I have to break social worker guidelines".

Okay . Sorry I questioned you".

No don't be .. it's alright . I would have done the same thing". Janet was really cool . I wish I could stay with her permanently but I couldn't just up and leave my mother no matter how much it hurts to see hurt like this . We pulled up to the school .
" so we are going to have ".

A good and progressive day without any stress no matter the obstacles that are set to be in my way".

Good. So you're gonna go to the main office and get your schedule".

Okay. Thanks for everything ms. Janet". I slightly hug her and made my way into the school. The school was big and beautiful . It just felt different . It felt like where I belong . It was very artistic . The halls had students paintings and there were painted footsteps on the floor that quoted " every footstep is unique . It may be the same size as others but never the same ". It was worded weird but I understood where they was going . I looked at a office which was the main office and went in . I waited until the clerk was busy to ask her for my schedule. She gave me her schedule and I went to my first class. mathematics . My schedule was pretty decent it was ..