"Mate! Mate!"

Chapter 4

"How you feeling?" Daniel asks Jassi.

"I'm fine. I mean the pain's still there, but nothing that I can't handle." Jassi replies, pushing a smile.

Before Daniel could say anything, she feels a powerful presence. Her eyes snap straight ahead of her and meet Gabe's.

"What's wrong, Danny?" Jassi asks, snapping Daniel out of her trance.

At first Daniel was confused about Gabe's serious expression; then it hits her. Her eyes widen.

"Jassi," Daniel breathes out, turning her eyes to look at her, "did you clear things with the Alpha before coming here?"

Jassi...such a beautiful name, Gabe thinks, as he listens to them through his ware-hearing. He immediately shakes his head. He couldn't let his dog talk for him. He is the Alpha and needs to have control of his pack. He starts walking towards them.

Jassi creases her eyebrows together, "Alpha? Clear? What're you talkin' bout, Danny?"

"Damn it, Jassi! Now we're in for it!" Daniel throws her hands towards Gabe.

"Danny, what the fuck-"

"Do you mind telling me what you're doin' trespassing my territory?" Gabe asks in a stern voice, trying to sound demanding but not enough to make her run away.

Jassi's eyes widen as her heart picks up. Her wolf goes ballistic inside her. What the hell's happening to me? She thinks.

"I asked you a question," Gabe growls, lowering his voice a bit more.

Jassi slowly turns around facing Gabe as she cautiously breathes out through her mouth. She didn't know what was happening to her but whatever it was, it's definitely driving her wolf nuts. As their eyes meet their wolves go wild!

"Mate, Mate!" their wolves exclaim.

Before you know it, Gabe growls, "MINE!" and wraps his arms around her waist, shoving her against his chest, and taking her lips into a demanding, rough kiss.

Caught by surprise, Jassi doesn't do anything at first that is until Gabe growls in frustration of her not responding. Her wolf takes over, the need to please her mate takes over her as she pushes her hands into his hair, pulling him down towards her and deepening the kiss. Gabe and his wolf growl again, this time in satisfaction of Jassi's eager respond by moaning. Gabe pulls her closer to him, leaving not even an inch of a space between them.

As the kiss intenses, a tiny part of Jassi impulses her to back off, to leave him before her weight and ugliness ruins his life. But her wolf wouldn't hear it. She was happy to have found her mate and wouldn't leave him for anything.

Gabe and his wolf were going crazy about this girl. The way she moves her lips under his, runs her hands through his hair, pulling his head down, along with her sexy little moans. He wanted her, needed her; all he knew was that he wanted to mate her, claim her and that was his final decision.

Jassi needs to stop this. She couldn't let her wolf do this. She should stop being selfish and put her mate's life and happiness before her's. Just as she was about to pull away, she hears someone clear their throat. Gabe and Jassi, both pull back at the same time, Gabe with a frustrated growl and Jassi with a full-on blush pasted to her face. One look at Jassi's heated face and Gabe struggled to control his wolf to claim her right then and there.

Jassi looks around at all the people gathered. She clears her throat and grabs Daniel's hand. "Come on, Danny, we're gona be late for class." Jassi dragged her trembling legs down the hall.

Gabe, still thinking about Jassi's lips, took a few seconds to understand what had just happened. Before he could say anything, Jassi and Daniel were halfway down the hall. Smirking, Gabe shakes his head and looks around at the people staring.

"Get to class!" he roars, letting the alpha in him take control.

One by one everyone gets going, complying their Alpha's order. Gabe takes another glimpse in the direction Jassi left before smirking.

"Blake!" Gabe exclaims.

Frustrated, Blake stops midway in his flirt game with one of the school cheerleaders and quickly answers to Gabe. "Yes, Alpha?"

"She's a skank and you ain't gona get nowhere with her," Gabe says nodding to the girl he was flirting with, "Get someone else!"

The girl huffs and walks away, offended.

"Man, Gabe!" Blake exclaims. "Why you always gotta ruin it for me? What you want anyways?"

"Get me the class schedules for Jassi and Daniel. Ima go to my place and call the guys up. They need to know bout this!"

"Great," Blake says to himself as Gabe walks away, "More time to get more girls! Who wouldn't want the Beta?"