Going Home With A Winchester

Dean took Cas to his place to stitch his cut. They sat on the couch, Cas squeezing the throw pillow as Dean tended his wound. He yelped when he poured alcohol on the fully stitched gash.

"There we go. Good as new." Dean patted his shoulder. Cas just frowned and stared at his hands. A tear rolled down his cheek.

"This is the fifth time I've needed stitches because of 'em. Crowley and Azazel and Alastair."

"Don't worry, I'll talk to them about it. Do you need some ice for your eye?" Cas nodded.

Dean went to the freezer and got an ice pack. He filled it with ice cubes and returned to the living room to find Cas sobbing into the pillow.

He set the ice pack on the coffee table and sat next to Cas. He held him in his arms as he sobbed into his shoulder.

"It's okay. They won't hurt you anymore, I'll make sure of it."

"Why would you care? You don't even know me!"

"I know you're the best damn cheerleader I've ever seen. Castiel Novak. I've been wanting to meet you for a while. Not like this, but still."

"You're not gonna make fun of me? Call me a fag like everyone else? Besides the other cheerleaders?"

"Of course I'm not. Why would I? What's the point?" He looked at Cas, noticing the writing on his face. "Let's get you cleaned up. You don't need that all over you."

"Don't need what?" Cas asked, rubbing his forehead and looking at his fingers.

Dean got a wet washcloth and tried to get the writing off his forehead, but it just sort of smeared all over. As Dean scrubbed, Cas held the ice pack to his black eye.

"It's not coming off." Dean muttered.

"It's fine. I'm used to this sorta thing by now."

"No, Cas, it's not fine." He continued to scrub until Cas's skin was red. It was starting to fade, just barely.

"Just forget it, Dean."

"I will do no such thing. I'm gonna get this damn stuff off your face, then I'm gonna tear Crowley a whole cosmos of new ones."

"I don't want you to get in trouble for me. Just let it go, it's no big deal."

Dean grabbed his shoulders. "It is a big deal, Cas! It's physical abuse! Do you not get that? I don't want them hurting you!"

"And why not? Why would you of all people give a rat's ass?"

"BECAUSE I REALLY FUCKING LIKE YOU, OKAY?!"

Dean averted his eyes in shame, unable to face him. He took deep, shaky breaths. A tear fell down his face.

"Dean-"

"I really, really like you. Whenever we have a football game, I just look forward to seeing you there. Waving those pompoms, smiling away. Cheering us on. I win those games for you, Cas."

He finally looked into his teary blue orbs. A single tear slipped past his eyelids, Dean wiping it away with his thumb. He did something he never thought he'd do.

He pressed their lips together, cupping Cas's face in his hands. And Cas kissed him back.

They separated, their foreheads touching. Dean stroked Cas's cheeks with his thumbs.

"I really, really like you too, Dean." Cas murmured.

They spent the rest of the day watching TV, Bob's Burgers mostly. They sat side by side, Dean's arm around Cas's shoulders. They didn't say much of anything, since there was little to say.

After a couple of hours, Cas started getting tired. He rested his head on Dean's shoulder, almost unable to keep his eyes open. This was a good episode, too. Gene was trying to learn to play baseball.

He let out a long yawn, a huge wave of exhaustion washing over him. He looked up at Dean, who had already fallen asleep. It was at that moment Cas just gave up and fell asleep with him.