Ch.6

No matter what they did throughout the week Tasha and Dre always made sure to attend church, for they did have alot to be thankful for and Tasha's mother would never let her hear the end of it if they didn't come. Since her Father was the Pastor she spent a lot of time in church growing up. Sunday dinner was always at Big mama Mae's house and with the week Tasha had she needed to see her big cousin Kenya. Since she was the only one in the family that knew about Dre's side job she was the only one Tasha could vent to. Born only a few weeks apart they were like salt and pepper. Kenya who had just finished her first year of med school was a Redbone with thick thighs brown eyes and brown wavy hair. While Tasha had a slim waist beautiful coco colored skin with a smile to match and long black hair. She knew all her secrets were safe with Kenya. Dre skipped dinner which is normally what he does, he uses his Sunday after church to shoot ball or watch sports with the fellas. By the time Tasha made it home she was beat she gave Dre his plate Big mama Mae sent and jumps right into the shower. She puts one in the air then off to bed she goes. The next morning as she was leaving for work she was stopped by two officers asking if she knew any information about a break in a few mornings ago. She explained to him that she worked mornings so most likely was working. He then asked about her boyfriend, she told him he was also at work since he worked mornings as well. He gave her a card incase she heard anything. As he walked off just out of curiosity she asked what day did the break in happen. He said Thursday and went to the car. Thursday!? Thursday was the day she had lunch with Shanae. The same day Dre got off early and was with Troy. She prayed it was all just a coincidence.