Beautiful Aren't They?

It hasn’t been a year since Kuroo’s flower shop has opened. The first month for the business was a bit shaky, since finding good customers and flower suppliers were a bit difficult for him, but with the help of his best friend, Bokuto Koutarou, they were at least able to establish connections within the span of 5 months.

The flower shop has always been Kuroo’s dream business. As a kid, he was always fascinated with flowers and its deep meaning. His love for flowers had developed thoroughly when his mother planted and tended into different flowers in their backyard. Now, they have at least 15 different kinds of colorful flowers in their lovely garden.

Kuroo Tetsurou was a man of culture, he must say. But his love for flowers were undeniable. During college, he remembered joining the Gardening Club together with Shiratorizawa’s ace, Ushijima Wakatoshi. At first, he believed that the ace was just looking for a club to join with as a scholarship requirement to join the university’s volleyball club, but to his surprise the man was just as passionate as him whenever it comes to plants. (Though Kuroo finds it funny how Ushijima puts metaphorical stuff that included gardening.)

“Ah Daichi-san! How may I help you today?” Kuroo asked the customer as he strides over the counter.

Daichi gave him a warm smile before replying. “You see, it’s my husband’s birthday today…He was always fond of roses,” He looked around and spotted a bundle of champagne colored roses.

Kuroo eyed the man in front of him and followed to where he was looking. “Oh! Those roses would be the perfect flowers for the bouquet you’ll be getting.”

“I’ll get whatever you have in store for me, Kuroo-san,” Daichi said, while Kuroo nodded in response. He didn’t waste any time and gathered enough roses and laid them on the counter. Daichi couldn’t help but reach for one stem and admire the flower.

Kuroo reached for three red roses and a couple of white asters. He then proceeded to arrange the flowers into a bouquet, and then wrapping it into a soft pink wrapper. He wrapped a white ribbon around the stem and finished the touches before handing it to the man in front of him. He felt satisfied when Daichi showed a soft smile at the bouquet.

“Suga would love this. Thank you Kuroo.” He then handed his credit card to Kuroo. The latter accepted it before punching numbers into the cash register.

“How is your love life, Kuroo-san? Have you found anyone to spend your life with?” Daichi asked out of the blue.

Kuroo showed his infamous cat grin. He returned the credit card to Daichi before answering the question. “I haven’t found someone, Daichi-san. Maybe you can set me up with your little sister?”

Daichi rolled his eyes. “Yachi is too busy falling in love with Yamaguchi. And you probably won’t like it if I set you up a date with her and all of the things you’ll be talking all day is about how cute Yamaguchi’s freckles are.”

Kuroo let out a  hearty laugh. “Maybe I’ll just go old with my beloved flowers.”

“Any ways, thank you for this. Ill be off now,” Daichi bid his good bye as he exits the flower shop.

Kuroo lifted his eyes towards the wall clock.

1:00 PM.

He gave his back a little stretch and did a little exercise. He opened the radio and he grinned as the song comes alive. Kuroo always loved Bon Jovi, and would really dance in public whenever he hears their song.

He reached for the scissors on the counter and made it his microphone before giving out dance moves. He moved around the flower shop like he was in a Bon Jovi’s concert.