Aladdin

~Jasmine~

I sighed, looking out to the beautiful world. How I wish I could be out there. I chuckle to myself, knowing my father would never let me. Not after what happened to Mom.

Pushing myself up from the railing I was leaning on moments before, I walk back to my room, closing the balcony door behind me. I take in my surrounds. It's just past sunrise, which was the reason I was outside this early.
I walk over to my King sized bed and push the shimmering canopy that surrounds it, then sit down. The bed frame is huge, with iron twisted around to look like a palace.

On my vanity sits a brush, a comb, headbands, hair ties and perfume bottles. The vanity itself sits across from the bed, all the way across the room. A huge, fluffy white rug lays on the floor.To the left of my bed are three doors. One leads to my closet, huge and filled with clothes that I'll never wear more than a couple times. The second door leads to my personal bathroom, With a jacuzzi tub, glass shower and a closet door that leads to the toliet. Among the walls are huge mirrors and three sinks. The third door leads out of my room and into the hallway. To the right of my bed are glass doors with light blue shimmering curtains, the same color as my canopy, that lead to my favorite place; the balcony.

My dad is... Well he's extra. Not that I don't love my room and house, but there is only two of us. And over the years, I can't help but think my this place as less of a home a more of a prison. I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but what I won't give to be able to leave this place for just a day is close to none.

A soft rub againist my leg startles me out of my thoughts. Smiling at my only friend, I call him closer.

"Well hello Rajah, how has your morning been?" I say softly, not wanting to disturb the peace of the morning.

Rajah is truly special. Not only is he my best (and only) friend, but he is a Tortoiseshell cat. There are very few male Tortoiseshells, which is why he is so special.

Rubbing his beautiful orange and black fur, I look back at my balcony. Rajah hops out of my arms and walks up to my door. Sighing, I get out of bed and I open the door. Following him throughout the house and down the stairs, I watch as he slips out through the cat door. He gets more freedom than me.

Walking up to my room, I pass my fathers office. I hear muffled speaking and out of curiosity, I walk up to the door and listen.

"I have many people who want to be part of this deal. Why should you be the one to marry my daughter?" My fathers high pitched voice says.

Walking away, the try to leave behind the thought of me marrying someone I haven't met. My father asked me if I would do it, to merge compaines. I thought he would give me more time, but he seems to have made the decision for me. Many people are jumping at the chance, and I just want to run.

Filled with sudden determination, I walk up to my room and right to my balcony. I start thinking and decided, right there, that one way or another, I'm getting out of this house.